Razor clams for a woodland lunch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I'm really fortunate = nobody in my family likes shellfish except me. I never have to share!
So that video: what you caught and how, how you cooked and ate, was very interesting.
The mussels always get my immediate attention!

There are paleolithic shell middens on the British Columbia coast estimated to be 60-75' deep.
Have you a place to start your own?

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I'm really fortunate = nobody in my family likes shellfish except me. I never have to share!
So that video: what you caught and how, how you cooked and ate, was very interesting.
The mussels always get my immediate attention!

There are paleolithic shell middens on the British Columbia coast estimated to be 60-75' deep.
Have you a place to start your own?

Fishing is quite big around here, the fishermen will think nothing of cutting lines on a crab pot so I dont think I'd stand much of a chance.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Nice work. You're lucky with your sand though. Where I go the holes collapse almost immediately so I have to use saturated saline solution in a sports bottle and be quick.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Looks like a good time had by all. Any tips on finding the razors aside from a very low tided? Are they common everywhere?

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Never tried a Razor Clams but have wanted to for a long while being partial to sea foods. Will have to make a trip down to the coast this summer

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I enjoyed that. I've always wanted to go hunting razor clams and things but we never had them locally where ever I've lived. I've only ever eaten them once over in Portugal sadly.

All the best
Andy

Reactions: nobby8126

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE