Pressure stove.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
A nice thing. I bought an Optimus from Twodogs a while back with the intent of coupling it with a couple of Vapalux lanterns and spending more nights under the canvas of my bell tent. I’m embarrassed to say I haven’t even fired it, tending to opt for the simpler options of gas.

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
They are a beatifull and very evocative thing; the sound of one puts me immediately back to a rainy day, sitting in a Stormhaven and making cocoa :)

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
That's a nice looking thing. Similar to a Primus #5 that I have, only without the brasso and elbow grease treatment!

I love these stoves. Recently acquired an 80yr old Primus #51 that wasn't working. The non-return-valve in the priming pump was stuck. Got a replacement valve and tool off eBay, but couldn' get the old one out, eventually rounded off the head, thought it was stuck forever! Eventually managed to unsolder and remove the entire pump tube to get at the stuck valve and replace it, then resolder it all. Was great when it fired into life and boiled my kettle. Love the maintainability of these things.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE