Poor service- Military Mart!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Maybe I’m being unreasonable but I bought a Norwegian army sleeping bag cover from them. From the pics and description it looked like a nice canvas cover.

When it arrived it was super thin and could see daylight through it! Not much use as bivvy bag! It was also missing its closing toggles.

Emailed them at the weekend and still no response. Am I being unreasonable?

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
I don't think you're being unreasonable. I'd expect a response within 24 hours max.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Less than two weeks ago I bought several items from them and received the usual email stating my order was being dealt with and that I had been given a refund...I emailed them questioning the refund but had not had a reply by the time the goods arrived.
Not a major drama and the service was quick, ( 3 days approx) but I assume their admin of correspondence is not as good as their despatch department. Refund was shown against the items on the receipt in the parcel so all explained.
I would go with Broch's suggestion, otherwise you may have a long wait for an email reply.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
I had some issues with some kit I bought from MM a while ago, they did not respond to emails but sorted things out very promptly after I phoned them and the chap I spoke to suggested that if I had any problems in the future, I should call rather than email.

The impression I get is that they are a bit disorganised/understaffed and although I have never lost money in dealing with them, it can sometimes be hard work.

Hope it gets sorted.

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
I think some online retailers are more tech savvy than others. Bear in mind that even if they've got a nice website, their stock room might be some blokes garage so their ability to respond can be varied. It seems from what others have said that email contact has been unreliable but a quick phone call has been more successful.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Quick response to this, the folks at Military Mart have now got in touch and offered to send in for a refund.

Can’t really say fairer than that so if they are reading this, thanks!

Reactions: paulds

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE