Polycotton fabric

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
For the life of me I can't find any medium weight polycotton fabic in olive green. I found one advertised in Khaki in the weight I want on a fabric shop website and it was only about 10 miles from me. But when I rang them up they said they have nothing in that colour and don't know who put it up on the web site.

I have got a sample of uncoated 700D Cordura coming from Extrem Textile in Germany, it is advertised for making clothes, but I have only ever used coated Cordura for bags before, so will have to see what it is like.

Has anyone on here found anywhere that does this colour in poycotton ?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They are known to be very helpful, and they often have 'bits' that aren't on the website.
Can't hurt to contact them and ask. Good people :)

M

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
They are known to be very helpful, and they often have 'bits' that aren't on the website.
Can't hurt to contact them and ask. Good people :)

M
It was worth a call to them, you are right and they do get odds and ends in. But this time they did not have anything suitable.

The Millerain Sahara sounds promising and I have some samples on the way.

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Leaky,
Im currently using the Millerain material to sew upright walls into my Polish Lavu. Great material to work with, marks quite easily and does have a slight wax feel to it. Im giving it a thumbs up anyway. Hope this helps.
John
Happy new year :)

It was worth a call to them, you are right and they do get odds and ends in. But this time they did not have anything suitable.

The Millerain Sahara sounds promising and I have some samples on the way.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Leaky,
Im currently using the Millerain material to sew upright walls into my Polish Lavu. Great material to work with, marks quite easily and does have a slight wax feel to it. Im giving it a thumbs up anyway. Hope this helps.
John
Happy new year :)

Thanks John and a happy new year to you as well.

It is good to have some feed back from someone who has used it, as it is not really a mainstream hobbist product. I have seen lots of jackets made from it since looking at it and they do say it is breathable.
I was not after this to be water proof / resitant, I like the look of the fabic.

Can you tell if it would seem breathble to you ? I know it might be difficult to tell, but I am only going to get some small samples to try and guage from.

Its probably going to be between this and uncoated Cordura.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Got the Millerain samples today, loverly material, but a little thiner than I was hoping for. Very similar to Fjallraven G1000. Does seem to be waterproof and breathable.
I shall see what the uncoated Codura is like before making a final choice

Reactions: scottisha5

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I use Point North a lot and they have always been excellent.
Their products and turn around are very good and they chased up a delivery that became awkward recently.
I can't fault them, if they have it in stock they deliver really quickly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE