Pigeon deterrent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
Came home yesterday to find a very efficient pigeon deterrent had installed itself in my garden. several magpies were shouting abuse at it but it totally ignored them and dismembered it's lunch.
20180925_150426.jpg

feathers everywhere when it finally finished.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nicely timed :)
Bold things when they're on a kill, aren't they?
I've caught a few photos too over the years, not usually as neat as your one though.
Astonishing amount of feathers on a wee bird, isn't it. Last time the local one took out a
pigeon in my garden it looked like a blizzard when it was done, and it'd only really plucked the back and breast.

M

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Had one here too last week, phonephotos were crap unfortunately. She took a collared dove (nice wee things) and also had her entourage of magpies (6) waiting to scavenge what was left.

Cheers
Alan

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
Nicely timed :)
Bold things when they're on a kill, aren't they?
I've caught a few photos too over the years, not usually as neat as your one though.
Astonishing amount of feathers on a wee bird, isn't it. Last time the local one took out a
pigeon in my garden it looked like a blizzard when it was done, and it'd only really plucked the back and breast.

M
I was amazed it took little notice of me through the window.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
well at least you got a photo! I came down into my kitchen one morning at around 6 am and saw a very similar sceneout the window. I thought I'll geta pic,grabbed the camera and took aim,but the hawk spooked because of the little red light that operates the focus or whatever it does,and it was off before I got any picture. Left the same bloody feathery carnage behind though.....

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
well at least you got a photo! I came down into my kitchen one morning at around 6 am and saw a very similar sceneout the window. I thought I'll geta pic,grabbed the camera and took aim,but the hawk spooked because of the little red light that operates the focus or whatever it does,and it was off before I got any picture. Left the same bloody feathery carnage behind though.....
This one was quite accomodating and posed for me. Not the least bit concerned about me with the camera.:smile:

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I won
I was amazed it took little notice of me through the window.

I wonder if a bird can see through a glass window unless it's absolutely perpendicular to it. I can walk around in the wintergarden with windows from knee high all the way up to about 2m80, all the way around, and the collared doves and titmice within three feet are not at all spooked by me moving around.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE