Pathfinder Stainless mug and bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
I have the cup, not the bottle, and its great for 1-2 man brews/soup etc. The lid wont support the weight of the cup when full of liquid though so dont be tempted to try and suspend it!

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Ive got both and they do the job... I added a small home made billy that sits snugly round the cup and that's my complete cook kit. I find it's ideal for my needs.

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I've got both. I think the bottle is fantastic, it has held up very well, very sturdy. I think the cup is good, great size, but a little flimsy.
Mine got a small crack in the lip from being inadvertently squashed slightly in a pack. However It's still going strong and at £10 I'd definitely buy again.
Hope this helps.

Cheers for the reply's lads, I usually carry a zebra pot, separate cup and a frying pan n that does the job. I got a voucher for doing a company bush craft/ survival session so was thinking of getting something similar. See what my brain says, might stick with the zebra pot and get a new axe ;-)

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I think you're current setup is probably better to be honest.
I wouldn't like to cook in the mug it is quite thin.
But boiling water in the mug or bottle is good.
I really do like a stainless steel bottle though very handy IMHO.
But axes tend to be more fun, though slightly addictive.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I have the round bottle and cup and find them very good. They're well made and worth the US price, but not really what UK resellers charge.

I'd buy it again.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
The lid which just sits on top of the mug and doesn't snap on fits the standard US mug very well.

I think its very expensive for what it is, i bought a french army aluminium set for about £10 to try it out. It was good but bulky, much cheaper though and the bottle could be boiled in and it had a nice mug with better handles (imo). I reviewed it here;

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139378

A good bit of kit.

Tonyuk

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I've been very tempted by these cooksets for a little while now. I kept umming and arring over it thinking shall I shan't I as the price seems a little steep for what they are (albeit of good quality). I ended up getting a Tatonka 1.0l billy can, a nalgene bottle and a nesting tatonka mug for less than I would have spent on the pathfinder set. Roll on the next camping trip!

UKYanky

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2017
Grantham
I have the cup, not the bottle, and its great for 1-2 man brews/soup etc. The lid wont support the weight of the cup when full of liquid though so dont be tempted to try and suspend it!

The cup has holes in the top to suspend it from. :)

I have this set and my wife and I have used it extensively all year so far with no complaints. It easily fits in a bottle pouch. The only thing I would say if using it with a triangia burner is that it can take a while to bring to the boil. If you use it in the fire its great. So far very robust bit of equipment and great for day hikes and overnighters.

The Stanley cookset (the one wth the green cups) lid fits perfectly too.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I very much like mine. I use the water bottle all the time and it's stood up well. The cup I lost but replaced it with a MSP Glacier and found a Stainless pot at Wilderness Gathering that slips into this and makes a nest around the bottle. It's a very neat set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
I've been very tempted by these cooksets for a little while now. I kept umming and arring over it thinking shall I shan't I as the price seems a little steep for what they are (albeit of good quality). I ended up getting a Tatonka 1.0l billy can, a nalgene bottle and a nesting tatonka mug for less than I would have spent on the pathfinder set. Roll on the next camping trip!

Hi,
Bit of a late addition, but I'd like to add that I like my Pathfinder smaller steel bottle and cup set. The Nalgene and mug work well too, I've been told, but I have to say that the ss bottle is really a great piece of kit as you can boil water in it. I've also made charcloth in the mug and bottle, following a Dave Canterbury video on YouTube - I didn't believe it so had a go and it worked. IMHO being able to boil the bottle as well as the mug adds to this set's value, even though I have a selection of Crusader bottles and mugs (with homemade alu lids) that can equip the whole family when I persuade them to faff around in the woods or go out with Scouts.
All the best,
Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE