Off Track Trolly recommendations please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Hello all, I hope you may be able to help and possibly recommend a good quality Off Track Trolly to help carry a heavy Rucksack and Kit.

That would be a great help as I'm recovering from a knee injury and getting on in years. Lol

Cheers.

Alex.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
that might be better than the few folding sack trucks that I've tried. I've tried a few for moving my stock (in boxes) from ca to stand at shows, normally in fields. All of the folding sack trucks that I've come across have plastic 'gears' to allow the wheels to fold out and the first time you go over rough ground (like a field with a few holes/wheel ruts), they strip and the wheels no longer stay out in a working position!

Currently I'm using one like this. It's steel framed, so heavier and the wheels don't fold, so no chance of them failing! You can make it more compact by replacing the split pins that hold the wheels on with R-clips, then just remove the wheels when putting it the car. I replaced the pneumatic tyres with solid ones after a couple of carpark based punctures. So far it has lasted 2 years, which is 4 times longer than the aluminium and plastic ones! :) https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/handy-thfst-200kg-folding-sack-truck/

You could try this one too. Might want to fit bigger wheels? for off road travel.
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/csl5-industrial-folding-sack-truck/

Or instead of sack truck style, go for a cart https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/sealey-cst997-platform-truck-with-removable-si/

Reactions: Boucaneer

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
I wrote about my trolley setup in this thread.

If you're looking for true off-road, my experience with this and a couple of other trolley-type solutions tells me that using trolleys on rough terrain (like mountain heath) is VERY hard work. That's why I like this setup. I can use paths and tracks to get as close as possible to where I want to be, and then dismantle and backpack the rest of the way.

Reactions: Boucaneer

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
I wrote about my trolley setup in this thread.

If you're looking for true off-road, my experience with this and a couple of other trolley-type solutions tells me that using trolleys on rough terrain (like mountain heath) is VERY hard work. That's why I like this setup. I can use paths and tracks to get as close as possible to where I want to be, and then dismantle and backpack the rest of the way.

Yes, that's what I was thinking a bit of pulling and a bit of carrying/wearing the rucksack to keep up fitness.

Thanks for al the replys chaps, I'll take a look at those links.

Cheers.

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Thanks chaps, that was good reading.

I bit the bullet last night at 3 am with a bit of retail therapy and bought the Handimoova at a half price special offer on the Handiworld website.

Some websites were selling it for £94-£114, but on the Handiworld site it was going for £50 special offer and I couldn't stop meself from purchasing it.

Those times in the middle of the night thinking and planning does that to me.

I should get it by Monday.

There a new second hand one being sold on Ebay for 30 quid pick up in Birmingham too.

Last edited:
Reactions: crosslandkelly

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Well the Handimoova Trolly arrived today from my delivery spot.

I'm very pleased with it. It makes simply work on kerbs, stairs and grass.

I'm yet to test it out on mud and sand yet, that time will come soon.

It holds my Rucksack well and securely.

Picture below.

https://i.imgur.com/nf37pc4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bopdude

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
nf37pc4.jpg

Reactions: bopdude

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
I will need to give that rucksack a touch up with paint, that first coat didn't cover well before I ran out of fabric medium and acrylic paint 50/50.
qxBV3l2.jpg

boubindica

Forager
Mar 13, 2018
London
Actually after a bit of googling I think I may have found a good off track Trolly called the Handimoova.

It looks pretty good, as trolleys go.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=762
thanks for the links to this product... i am also concerned about the amount of weight i can carry... it was either buy a superlite hammock/tarp etc, (but it's my other equipment that weighs so much), or keep my current set up and get this trolley and duffle bag... purchased it today :) can't wait to try it out... it will be used for shopping etc too so well worth the reasonable cost. thanks :cat2:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE