Not put my details in public?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
And can anyone take them down...I have no idea what that system is for

I was trying to send a PM to Snake...now how do I do that?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Start conversation. Ping on Snakes profile and press the conversation button.

As for the details, I don't know, but you should be able to edit them from within your profile.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
So all private messaging is now public? That seems a bit odd. o_O Is it just the recent conversations that show on the main page or is a log kept of it all that anyone can view? I've probably inadvertantly let my details slip too in that case.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
So all private messaging is now public? That seems a bit odd. o_O Is it just the recent conversations that show on the main page or is a log kept of it all that anyone can view? I've probably inadvertantly let my details slip too in that case.

No, it's private. You can add people if you want to, but Start Conversation is the new way of saying PM, it just opens a private channel between you and whoever you want to talk to. Members able to read it are your choice and listed.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Tengu,
Sounds like you have been getting good advice on how to use the new PM, aka "Conversation" system. Can't add much to that.

As for your "details in public", not sure what details you mean, since you are showing stuff in different places, and for different reasons.
Date of birth, which you are showing, can be toggled on or off through the Personal Details page.
  1. Hover your mouse over your User Name at top right.
  2. Drop down menu appears
  3. Left click "Personal Details"
  4. New screen, half way down you set your d.o.b and whether you want it visible or not.
You seem to have had trouble in the past with managing storage space in your PM Inbox, this resulted in your Inbox becoming full to capacity and people that wanted to reach you had to use the Profile Post function. You then replied to them as if you were using PMs. Therefore you have your (possible now out of date) postal address showing in your Profile Page. That should be simple enough for you to delete yourself, each post appears to me to have that option. However, if that is only a Mod tool, I will remove the posts showing your address, and you can clean up the rest asking whether you have received a PM from someone, or asking you to clean up your inbox ;)

Not sure what other details you have seen. If there are more, just let us know and we will do what we can.

Chris

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE