"New" old meet in West wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
Hi all, advertised on here before was Coed Hiraeth nr Carmarthen in West Wales. Now there was a meet here before arranged by an aquaintance of mine. Unbeknown to him at the time the person in charge of these woods was fraudulently charging us and others to have meets here and subsequently the meets stopped. I am pleased to announce that this private wood open to the public is now available for meets again. There is no charge for meeting at Coed Hiraeth, there will be a few basic rules to be posted shortly. If anyone is interested, as it is a lovely bit of woodland as I'm sure people remember that attended before, then let's see if we can arrange dates etc and get a meet up and share skills and just have a good time doing what we enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G110H using Tapatalk

Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
Rules For Coed Hiraeth :

Sorry but it has to be done.

No one is to hand over any money to anyone for camping fees, this is a free meet and I want to keep it that way this woods is privately owned but open to the public.

No cutting down every tree in sundry for fire wood, if you want some green wood for carving etc fine take a branch but there is plenty of dead fallen and dead standing for fires.

Safety.
I nor anyone else is responsible for yours or anyone elses safety. If you are injured or suffer loss no one but yourself is responsible. You are attending at your own risk. Children are welcome but they too are your responsibility. There is a river and steep slippy banks on site. If you bring children please keep your eyes on them.

Fires: small controlled fires are allowed. But massive bonfires for them to see from the international space station are not allowed.

Dogs.
Dogs are welcome but you are responsible for keeping control of your animal and cleaning up after it. Leaving dog mess is not nice and common courtesy to clean up.

Drink and drugs.
Drugs are not tolerated you will be asked to leave and the police will be called. Sorry but that's the way it is. Drinking in moderation is fine, if you get inebriated and make an bottom of or hurt yourself. Then on your head be it.

Disputes.
If you and someone else attending have a dispute, please don't ruin the atmosphere for all and take your quarrels off site and deal with them like adults.

Selling and trading.
You are more than welcome to sell or trade, but yet again I nor anyone else can be held responsible for sales or trades gone awry, you are to sort it out yourselves as you would if trading and selling on this forum or anywhere else.

Thanks fir reading and my apologies for the long drawn out rules but they are there as thrse are problems that have been encountered before and also for all to enjoy and have a safe, good time

Sent from my SM-G110H using Tapatalk

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
It is a beautiful spot and relatively easy to get to it also has a long drop loo if its still there and the spring comes from a certified spring but to be on the safe side I would still give it a rolling boil before drinking I for one and I'm sure Fi would be up for a weekend post up some dates or we could arrange to meet sometime soon.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Sounds good. I will add it to my 'to do' locations. Would be great to meet up. Have you got a postcode for parking?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
It is a beautiful spot and relatively easy to get to it also has a long drop loo if its still there and the spring comes from a certified spring but to be on the safe side I would still give it a rolling boil before drinking I for one and I'm sure Fi would be up for a weekend post up some dates or we could arrange to meet sometime soon.

Long drop is still there but floor is rotten, bid shelter collapsed me and mrs building a new one, kitchen is still there, but needs a new roof, geo pod and shed were destroyed all rubbish has been cleaned up and removed, been there with machete and cleared a lot of the brambles

Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
Just got off the phone to woodlands people and I am sorry guys permission has been pulled as motocross riders and horse riders are tearing the place up, also been informed that a buyer has been found so woodlands are selling the place in the next few weeks. Hope to find somewhere new in near futre

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE