New Book: Fire by dan hume

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 13, 2006
suffolk
Hi all,
Has anyone seen the new book on Fire by Dan hume? I got a copy for myself around christmas and I've been flicking through it. I should say Ive known him for years so I'm a bit biased :) but you lot will like it:

It has instructions for loads of techniques from ferro rod and matches to pyrite and more friction methods and variations than I knew existed. Theres even a percussion technique involving a certain type of bamboo and a bit of broken crockery! Its also got a smattering of anecdotes history and folklore which make it an interesting read as well as a reference book.

Hes put a hell of a lot of research travel and experimentation into it, so its fair to say nothing has made it into the book that he hasnt personally made fire with. I can't reccomend it enough- whether as a serious guide for serious outdoors people or something to suggest some interesting pyromaniacal experiments to do with mates ( or kids!)

Reactions: Nice65

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Doh, only just seen this!

I'm just finishing up with a review of Dans Book and I'll be posting an interview with him up in the near future, we're also going to be giving away a copy of the book in an upcoming competition so keep your eyes open for that. And! Dan's coming to the Summer Moot to run some workshops and do an evening presentation on his travels and his love of firelighting...

Reactions: chas brookes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE