Nature Has It.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

Danish M84 (and OD in the shadows) has been working superbly (as usual) throughout late spring and summer, but things are about to change.

It's just turning dpm o'clock in my neck of the woods and I thought that it was a while away from flecktime until I noticed this on route the other day.

Fleckleaf1.jpg Fleckleaf2.jpg Fleckleaf3.jpg

A little further on I noticed other foliage which will eventually turn to Swissalpenflage advantage (for a short time at least).

Swissalpenflage-to be.jpg swissalpenflage.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

Y'know I do a lot of natural dyeing ? every shade in our woodlands, moors and shores comes out of the dye baths, but the wonderful thing is that none of the colours scream at each other, they all contrast, tone, mix and they fit in outside without being in anyway dayglo even though many are deep rich shades.

Some of the woodland pattern camoflages are really quite beautiful, especially the Autumn ones.
I quilt too, and I'm having a problem with my latest one where I was aiming for Autumnal shades, and yet again I have missed and somehow hit hallowe'en. Thinking on it, it's because in my mind Autumn isn't dull and boring, it's brightly coloured, it's full of rich almost jewel bright tones, and that's what comes through when I pick fabrics. I did the same thing with my weaving and knitting when it comes to the colours that I think of as Autumn.

I sometimes look at supposedly camoflage patterns and think they totally missed with their colours, certainly for our temperate woodlands.

M

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

You are right Toddy. I originally didn't get the Swiss Alpenflage - Red!? until I saw a bright red bramble leaf one autumn morning.

Tony - too true.:)

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
The vividness of autumn colours was brought home to me while out walking in the Brecon Beacons last autumn. The landowner keen to keep people on the right track had helpfully painted dozens of fenceposts and other posts in standard footpath sign yellow. In the bright sunshine, they were completely invisible against the autumn colours of the hedgerow and trees.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE