My first backpacking tent! Vargo stove, fatwood, and hiking action!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushcraftdave

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2016
USA
I usually car camp and bring really heavy gear with me, but this summer I decided to venture deeper into the woods and try to see what lies beyond the road. At 5 lbs this tent isn't considered "ultra light" by any means. Next time I'm going to leave the tent pegs and tent footprint at home to save space.

In the video, we backpacked to a place in Southern California called Little Jimmy Campground. The only water came from a natural spring! We found fatwood, the Sikly BigBoy made sawing firewood really easy. I also tested out a Vargo Titanium stove with mixed results.

What I really like about this tent is that it's relatively light, waterproof to a high rating, and lots of ventilation. The rain fly goes all the way down and helps keep the wind out, big plus for me since I get cold easy. Only negative for me is that there's only one door so it's hard not to disturb your tent mate.

For me, it's the perfect size for my me and my girlfriend. I like keeping my gear inside the tent and leave our boots in the vestibule right outside the front door.

If anybody is interested here's the video review:
[video=youtube;0HvFpRS2cPQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HvFpRS2cPQ[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE