Mukluks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
No. Get oldfashioned boots with thick soles, preferably felt. Or if you can find them, felt boots.

You will get cold feet through the soles. (Unless there is a lot od space for insoles)

If you can not get thick lined boots, try to put inner warm insoles. Sheepskin is the best.

Last edited:

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Yup, Like Janne, go for more rugged boots. ideally with removable felt liners (that way you can take them out in the tent to dry them and keep your feet warm. Good quality Pak boots are good and also keep your feet dry during unplanned thaws. Mukluks are great in serious deep snow and sub-zero temps but can take a lot of getting used to and are totally useless when the ground gets damp.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I do not know if you can get them in Georgia, but in Norway, I bought Polish made rubber boots with a felt inner boot. name 'Canada" I think? If you can wait, I will tell you in late March when I go back to do some serious fishing again.
I stand with them in close to freezing sea water ( around -1C water) plus in snow, for hours.
fantastic.
Also good for walking a kilometer or two.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Wife told me the polish rubber boots have an inner sole of thick felt but the rest is thick neoprene. She washes them so she knows. I just make them dirty!
She does not remember the name though.
They were not as expensive as the swedish Tretorn or the french brand.

Reactions: Gcckoka

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE