Moving to Tain, near inverness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You have heard about what the locals get up to there haven't you? Be afraid, be very afraid.

Only kidding, lovely bit of the country. Don't live anywhere near it anymore but loved it when I did. Great folk and so much to explore up there, you'll have a hoot.

Good luck with the move,
GB.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Monarch's in Inverness. If you're into any kind of living history, give him a call :) he's putting together a crew for a cannon just now, but he gets work using bushcraft skills too, and there are times he needs more folks.

The local-ish group is the North East bushcrafters, and they're good folks and very capable. If you look under the meet ups forum you'll find NES.

atb,
Toddy

If you can travel, we hold meets twice a year in Aberdeenshire. We have had a few folk travelling from Dundee up and I think a few stay up on the Moray coast. You would be more than welcome to join us in September, we should have more details in the coming months.

Pay no attention to Goatboy, there is no need to be afraid we only perform our ritual sacrafices occasionally, just happens September is one of those dates...... :)

Last edited:

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Your going to love it up here, no more 'oh I wonder if it'll be alright to camp?' :)

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
You've also got the Glenmorangie distillery on your doorstep :) But yes, some good country there and the added benefit of an interesting coastline. I'm up there from time to time to visit my brother and I enjoy getting out and about with the rest of the family.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Dont go too near the Fulmar nests around Rockall, they can projectile vomit a good couple of metres and it takes a good couple of days to get rid of the smell.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE