1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We're live with the new forums, have a look around and get settled in.

There have been a couple of members that have had issues logging in, if your password doesn't work use the "Forgot your password" link in the community section. If an email doesn't arrive check your spam box.

Any other issues logging in please contact admin@bushcraftuk.com

We've created a new thread in the Suggestions, Bugs and Feedback forums for you to use to report any issues or give feedback. http://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/new-site-bugs-feedback-questions.147565/

There are a few things we still need to sort out but the forums should be fine so get stuck in.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to make a cream skimmer for Cheese making

Discussion in 'DIY and Traditional crafts' started by tombear, Nov 14, 2017.

1. tombear

tombear Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Since I picked up a book on basic cheese making for 10 bob I've been policing up the kit they recommend and have pretty much all you could want. I have been looking for a ring handled skimmer for lifting cream etc. Ive got a long handled job but its awkward to use so in lieu of the real thing I've been looking for something to alter to do the job. At a later point I may make one from sycamore as some were but on Saturday at Huddersfield flea I picked up a 2nd Prestige skimmer so took a hour today to mod it.

[​IMG]

I just cut the handle down, took the edges off, used a blow torch to heat the handle up and bent it around a suitably sized lump of iron. It's no where near perfect but it will do the job.

ATb

Tom

zornt likes this.
  2. g4ghb

g4ghb Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Very neatly done Tom, you wouldn't known if you hadn't had said.