Moccasins For The Missus's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Winter is coming and Jule's has worn out another pair of slippers puttering around the garden. So for a bit of fun and to use up some of the upholstery leather stuck under the bench then over the next few weeks I will be having a bash at making her some moccasins.

Her feet were swollen when I did the duct-tape last's so doing some woolly liners first and we're having a lot of Cinderella moments getting things snug. Halfway through the left foot now and the right should be a bit quicker now I have some idea of what I am doing. Will heave a big sigh of relief when I start cutting the leather, been getting some odd looks doing my knitting on the bus.
IMAG2881.jpgIMAG2882.jpgIMAG2885.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Very good :D Very practical, and a real kindness if her feet are uncomfortable at times.

If size 4 patterns for sewn ones would be of any use, let me know ?
I make my own slippers too. I hate the shop bought sweaty nylon things, I like warm but breathable, so cotton throughout, or wool and leather.

M

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Yes please Toddy, size four is perfect :)
Got a little more done this afternoon and once the storm settles down I will get a bit more done tonight with luck.
IMAG2886.jpgIMAG2887.jpg

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Finally! how people knit for pleasure is beyond me :dunno:
Right one went a bit wonky but it's nothing that cannot be tweeked and Jule's loves them.
IMAG2916.jpgIMAG2919.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE