Marlborough, Wiltshire social camp April 21-23rd

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Just around the corner from me , and it sounds interesting but ...

£30 for what, If you don't mind me asking?
Not being facetious just curious...

I love the Savernake , and on that picture looks like West Woods to me ...

Sorry no Facebook here .

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just around the corner from me , and it sounds interesting but ...

£30 for what, If you don't mind me asking?
Not being facetious just curious...

From the details on their FB post

The Social camps will be run in a similar setup to our courses but without any formal instruction or tuition provided and no agenda throughout the weekend (The only scheduled tuition provided will be an optional sharp tool lesson to remind anyone that needs it on tool use and care.)

The weekends are very relaxed and laid back - you may chose to sit around the fire and chat with others, work on a craft project, walk around the estate looking for plants/wildlife etc. Children are also most welcome, however they are under your responsibility at all times and you should be aware that some colourful language and jokes are likely to be told.... snip

...The fee for the weekend is £30 and goes towards the cost for the use of the woods for that weekend. NaturesCraft makes no profit from these weekends and they are being provided purely for helping provide an outlet to practice the skills that we all dearly love in a safe and permitted environment.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Thanks Mesquite.
We have a fixed cost per person agreement with the landowner. Unfortunately there are many other pastimes (ie shooting) that could earn the landowner a lot more that we are competing with for continued access.

The flip side is that we have private access to 15 acres of beautiful woodland.

There is a parachute up, composting loo, and i bring the group camp equipment kettle, dutch ovens, skillets etc as needed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Sounds great 

If you're able to make it, it would be great to meet you. I know you said you don't use Facebook, so just drop me a PM if you fancy coming. Should be able 6-8 others coming at the moment.

We'll be processing a fallen birch tree for craft produce during the weekend and I'll be giving some spoon/utensil carving guidance to those interested in partaking.

All the best.
Andy

SimonL

Oct 13, 2010
Farnborough, Hants
Hi andyn,
Really wish I could make this one as I love the Savernake & surrounding area, but will be driving down to Cornwall on the 21st :(
If you have any more planned for this year, I would love to know about them !
Wishing everyone a great weekend.
Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE