Makers Market forum Rules

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Makers Market forum Rules

IMPORTANT – MUST READ! Please scroll down for updated regulation.

This is a private, members-only forum for buying, selling personally made items with other members. Neither Bushcraft UK, nor any of its representatives take any responsibility for transactions that go awry to the detriment of any parties involved.

All members are expected to adhere to the general Rules and Regs of this site as well as any additional rules laid out in this document or expressed by the Moderators and Admin of the site.

This is a private, members-only forum for selling & trading personally made items with other members. The Makers Market has been provided so that hobbyist makers can sell the things they make, it is not for anyone that produces items in number. As a general rule more than say, 8 items a month will be classed as commercial and sales should go through the commercial sales forum.

The method of payment can be stated in the sales post or agreed to privately between the parties (seller/purchaser). Obviously, if anyone is found fraudulently representing goods for sale, their membership will be revoked, but that is as much as we can do. It is your responsibility to take whatever steps you need, to ensure the legitimacy of the transaction. It is also your responsibility to make sure that anything you post for sale confirms to UK or international laws. For some items such as knives the UK has some of the strictest laws in the world, please make sure you are legal in all aspects. The buy/sell forum exists for your benefit, please use it responsibly.

Use of the Makers Market is by subscription and gives full membership as well as rights to start sales threads in the Makers Market. No other group can sell items in this forum.
Subscribe here

Makers get the same benefits as Full members, plus they get an extra 150 PMs (650 in total) attachment space and the rights to sell their items on Bushcraft UK

Some guidelines that might help things run smoothly:

Seller:
  • Make sure your items for sale confirm to UK and International laws.
  • Include a full description including condition of the items, be honest, don’t say A1 if it's not.
  • If possible, attach an *actual* picture of the item, or alternatively a promotional picture or link.
  • State clearly the price of the
  • State what payment methods are acceptable.
  • As soon as someone shows interest, take it to email or PM
  • Consider waiting for cheques to clear or payment to arrive before sending the goods.
  • To avoid confusion, mark your item as *SOLD* as soon as the transaction is complete.
  • Bushcraft UK is not responsible for any losses incurred.

Buyer:
  • If you have a firm interest in an item, email/PM the seller directly.
  • Ask for clarification if needed.
  • If the item is valuable, you may want to consider insisting on paying by crossed cheque only - it's your money.
  • It's your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the sale is legitimate.
  • Bushcraft UK is not responsible for any losses incurred.

Please address any questions to the admin via PM

Uti, non abuti - To use, not abuse

Tone

Update 29 September 2011:

Please be advised the new rules for Makers / Makers Plus come into effect on Saturday 1 October 2011.

Maker (£30/Year)
  • Max 8 items per month (unless they're low value items in which case a higher quantity is fair)
  • No commissions (touting for commissions)
  • Need items to be made before posting
  • Can post personal items in Member Classifieds
  • Can have a website link (in signature), to show wares. Can't point to their own site promoting their own goods.

Maker Plus (£60/Year)
  • Max 20 items / Month
  • Can accept commissions
  • Have a website with items for sale link from bushcraft uk (I'm thinking of website just selling personally made items)
  • Can only sell items made by yourself
  • Can post personal items in Member Classifieds
  • Can have a website link (in signature), to show wares and odd commission. Nothing commercial (which would be a trade).

Trial Makers

• We no longer have trial Maker subscriptions

We'll also tighten up on enforcing the rules when it comes to full members selling stuff they've made, people taking commissions etc although I have no intention of being anal about it and I do reserve the right to decide on what happens if there's grey areas that crop up which does tend to happen.

If there's someone breaking the rules then let us know and we'll sort it. I can't see a lot of issue but there will always be some.

Anyone that's commercial will be a Trader and should talk to me, we're sorting some stuff out for that as well so that it's an easier process.

Full Members (At the moment £15/Year)
  • Can sell personal items
  • Can not sell 'made for sale' items

About the difference between Maker and Maker Plus regarding commissions
Tony said:
Commission - there's always going to be a level of honesty needed from you guys but i'm also trying to be realistic so my view on the commissions is that if someone comes up to you as a maker and asks you to make something get on and make it but be honest about it and if you're ending up in the makers plus side of things take out a makers plus subscription. Makers can't promote commissions, they can post up to the 8 items a month for sale.

The Maker plus on the other hand can state that he does commissions and can take them from people openly.

So for the one it's if they land in your lap (Makers) no problem and the other commissions can be sought out as well (Maker+).

About items made for your own use that got used, but is now for sale
Tony said:
If you’ve made something for yourself and used it it’s a second hand item and I’m happy to give people the leeway of selling it as a second hand item and that would be a classified add. It’s soon going to look funny if people are putting up items as second hand and they look mint and they’re a maker. This is where some honesty needs to come into it and also a firm hand if it’s obvious someone is taking the micky.

I'm a Maker, but want to upgrade to MakerPlus
Please contact Admin and we'll upgrade you manually.

Last edited:
Reactions: arethamorce
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE