Lymes Information.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Blame my useless I phone for the s.

I know what you mean, the predictive text is a PITA!

Only two weeks ago I pulled a tick off one of the dogs, just goes to show they're even around in winter, thankfully way less prevalent though.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Thanks for that Wayne; was I the only one squirming in my chair reading it?
Everyone that works or plays in the outdoors should be aware of this but I was alarmed a couple of years ago when an instructor on a course declared "don't take any notice, it's exaggerated" - very irresponsible IMHO.

dannyk64

Apr 1, 2015
Nottingham
The risk of Lyme disease is a serious issue, a month ago I started a shadow ranger position with the forestry commission and was given a lot of literature on the issue. My mentor actually had a tick and has been on antibiotics since as well as waiting on blood tests. I have some info on the issue and will post at a later date. It really is a devastating disease

Nov 23, 2017
stirling
In the UK LDA Lyme Disease Action have very accurate and informative free leaflets etc available from their website too

www.LymeDiseaseAction.org.uk

Very helpful folk and also run a patient help email line for those concerned about bites and ongoing treatments.

Dont despair, be aware!

Ive been fortunate enough to have been on an unrelated conference with one of the scientists at the (Scottish based) blood testing centre. The current trend is rising steeply and the blood test itself is not infallible. Going to the Doc sooner rather than later was still his advice.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’m pulling them off the dogs all the time at the moment, we live in a sheep and deer area. Haven’t found any on me yet, but I have a good look about after walking in long grass.

Shamelessly stolen from another forum, Sarah Palin has some sage advice. Unbelievable really.

9_AC75_CED-0_D6_F-41_BF-834_B-44789_C36_A26_B.png

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Unbelievable that a smart guy like you falls for that mene!
False internet garbage.

I see you at the next Flatearther convection!
:)

( play with your screen, make that faint picture on the right mid more visible, you will see why I know it is fake....)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Politics is poison!
Trees grow best without them, fish do not care if it is the cleaner or King holding the rod!

The previous vaccine was pulled back, it did not deliver. All three if us had the injections, and only one of us has still ( around a decade later) antibodies.
I hope this new one is what they promise.
Lymes is quite debiliating.

Last edited:

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Yes, everyone knows the Palin thing is a gag .. it is famous and pretty ancient. The reason it is still so laser-guided hilarious is because it is still so entirely plausible.

I love fake news and the good works it can perform. Last convection I saw turned the entire audience to biltong

Last edited:
Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE