Look what I found!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
out walking today in the grounds of an old country house. During WW2 it was home to training of a secret organisation..... I was actually looking for a geocache (a regular thing, it's fun to do!) When I came across this knife, stuck deep in the trunk of 100 plus year old lime tree.... I will leave it where it is for the sake of history.

92532d2b830a48cabc86358c27737e79.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bopdude and Hbc

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
It may be better off in a museum or a local history show and tell ?
It was jammed right in. The crack in the trunk was just wide enough to get my fingers in thumb upwards and even then, I could only just touch it with my finger tips. Would take a fair bit of chopping to get it out. We can only guess at how it ended up there in the first place and I'd like to think that it's better off left in its little hiding place. Maybe like Excaliber, one day the right man will retrieve it......

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Erbswurst and Riven

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
With the help of a chisel it can be retreived?

I think the tree would prefer if it was rrmoved. Metal oxides are not healthy for a tree.

Is it made from steel? It does not look like it is rusted?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Did the tree grow around it? There's plenty of pictures online of items leant against trees for some time only for the tree to grow around it. I've only seen barbed wire from fences around trees but there's pictures of bicycles and even cars partly encased in a tree.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE