Loch doon wild camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rarche2002

Jan 20, 2017
Blackpool
Hi all I'm heading up to loch doon tomorrow night just wondering if anyone has any good camping locations that I can drive up to as it will probably be quite late by the time I get there. I have a 4x4 so rough roads are ok for me just never been there before so was hoping someone could point me to a good spot hopefully with some woodland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rarche2002

Jan 20, 2017
Blackpool
fdde74e65c3fe07227b97ecc76211771.jpg

Just thought I would mention I actually ended up in Galloway Forest ended up finding quite a large opening to pitch up and spend the night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Anzia

Nativewood

Forager
Feb 9, 2015
Caledonia
I fondly remember wild camping by Loch Doon with a good friend for two nights. We had our open canoes with us and although it's not much of a paddle being a relatively small loch, it was still grand fun. I carved a huge Goat Willow (salix caprea) spoon, tried my hand unsuccessfully at a bit of fishing and generally had a great time around camp. Best thing though was that we had clear skies and because there is such little light pollution the stars are so numerous, vivid and bright that they are utterly captivating. We even detected satellites moving across and a shooting star or two. Truly magical.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE