Let's have a meet up in Leeds!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
As per the title, let's get something arranged in or around Leeds. I know there's Stead Hall meets which are pretty popular but while we're waiting for the new dates, lets try and get something organised. Can be either a day trip or an overnight, I'm fine with both. I'm able to meet with little notice, though I don't actually have transport. So I'll either have to hitch a ride or find somewhere within reasonable walking distance.

Any names interested in planning something for the very near future?

Fergs

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
There are a few places in Leeds, though non with permission at the moment. So stealth camping it would have to be. I'm going to be working on trying to get permission at a place I've spotted, so will keep people informed.

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
There are a few places in Leeds, though non with permission at the moment. So stealth camping it would have to be. I'm going to be working on trying to get permission at a place I've spotted, so will keep people informed.

really, well done ill keep my fingers crossed for you, if you ever need help with transport just send us a quick PM

Sep 19, 2015
Leeds
Hey People,

I'm new to the forum but have am really interested in doing some sort of meet up in Yorkshire somewhere. I'm in Leeds too and have a car so can travel.
My work is all over the shop so I can do mid week as well as weekends depending on what I have going on.

Anyway, it would be good to see what people are up to.

Th

Sep 19, 2015
Rochdale
I would love to go... I only have a sleeping bag at the moment, I'm new to bushcraft but plenty of wild camping I have done this year with my brother and sister. I can get the stuff off my brother if you let me know what I will need and I could watch and learn and help about.

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
Think the problem is finding somewhere or someone with a permission for some woodland, not finding the people willing to meet up in the Leeds York area.

Would be very nice to have something set up in between the Steadhall camps though
Luke

Sep 20, 2015
United Kingdom
Not sure who originally but i live in burley in wharfedale. Can anyone nearby tell me where they normally go to practice? which landowners are likeley to say yes and who the land owners are? I'm fairly new and struggling with places to go.

As for stead hall, I walk my dog there and it was turned into a paint balling area a few months ago (if i'm thinking of the right place). The forest is filled with tire stacks and stuff to hide behind. The ground is pretty muddy in most places due to the people running around.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
What a shame. Glad I did not put more effort into the site. It is always a risk, and naturally it is the farmers land to do with as he sees fit, but Boy am I glad we did not do a lot more to the site.
So, where does one go now ?

Antonymous

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2012
Yorkshire
Carlshead Farm in Sicklinghall has a small wood, Western Plantation, which has a parachute canopy up with a fire circle and benches.
I used it a couple of nights in 2014 when I was recce'ing the site for school use. Water supply is a bit of a walk to a hose pipe, but other than that a nice site. Toileting could be an issue for larger groups.
The farmer (Gareth I think his name was) even said I could shoot any rabbits I saw.
It might be worth a try. Just google Carlshead Farm

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
I've been away from the site for a while, so only just checked back in.

No permissions as of yet. Just seen the posts regarding the farm. Will have a look and see what we can come up with, if anything.

Hope you're all doing ok

Sep 19, 2015
Leeds
Been away for a while myself but still really up for a good camping/bushcraft spot. I usually wild camp when I go out but makes it more difficult to practise much bushcraft in certain areas so would be cool to have a good go to spot.
Should just buy some woodland really haha

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE