Leaky Guyot designs Backpacker bottle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Has anyone had a problem with there guyot stainless bottles?

It has always weeped and dripped and now its starting to leak properly. The 'o' ring looks intact and i have only ever washed it with soap and water and it mainly gets used for work drinks or in my pack, nothing rough really.

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this, and if anyone had any suggestions about what to do about it!

ta

ed

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Mine are good ( x2 ) , its only started 'weeping' when Lurch bent my arm and made me buy one of the Coffee filter things.

TaTanka

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
No problems with mine at all. Never had any leaks unless I didn't tighten it enough.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Ok after contacting Guyot direct I had an email reply 24hrs later saying that very rarely they get a bottle that doesnt quite line up so leaks. They offered to replace it free of charge, and this morning i got a shipping invoice confirming that they are sending me a replacement bottle direct from the States!

Very polite throughout, i would rate this as exceptional customer service. Kudos Guyot!

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Ok after contacting Guyot direct I had an email reply 24hrs later saying that very rarely they get a bottle that doesnt quite line up so leaks. They offered to replace it free of charge, and this morning i got a shipping invoice confirming that they are sending me a replacement bottle direct from the States!

Very polite throughout, i would rate this as exceptional customer service. Kudos Guyot!

Nice to see a company that looks after its customers...

Simon

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
on closer inspection, the threads are worn on the lid and thats causing the leak.

I emailed nalgene (who now make the guyot type bottle) and asked if i could buy a new lid, they said no they dont supply them seperate, but if i send them my address they will jsut send me a whole bottle.....

Gobsmacked, my exisiting bottle is atleast 8+ years old.....

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Nice.
Noticed can find the 40oz straight walled one for ~£20 these days, cheaper than the Klean Kanteen 40oz.

Reactions: MrEd

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
on closer inspection, the threads are worn on the lid and thats causing the leak.

I emailed nalgene (who now make the guyot type bottle) and asked if i could buy a new lid, they said no they dont supply them seperate, but if i send them my address they will jsut send me a whole bottle.....

Gobsmacked, my exisiting bottle is atleast 8+ years old.....

That’s above and beyond excellent customer service.

Reactions: MrEd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE