Knife bill being discussed soon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Well it gives a little spark of hope, that they don't think it's important enough.............................or embarrassed that there is no-one there to debate it..

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I hope some representatives from Edgematters will be there to lobby.

They raised quite a bit of money from their members in order to support the community of cutlers in the UK and the appreciation of their history and skills :)

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I don't think they allow lobbyists to join the debate, although they can contact their MP and ask him/her to talk on their behalf.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Shame, really that. I was looking forward to watching some of the guys from Edgematters talking to BBC reporters outside Westminister. You know, put some of those funds to really good use.

Reactions: Nice65

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
With all the things going on over here ref:Brexit, the future of Mrs May, etc, I would be surprised if the BBC et al, would be interested.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
The problem over here is we have no-one to speak up for us, we could do with something similar to the NRA in the US, something with a bit of clout.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I hope some representatives from Edgematters will be there to lobby.

They raised quite a bit of money from their members in order to support the community of cutlers in the UK and the appreciation of their history and skills :)

Indeed, they’ve been most earnest about promoting the subject and their aims as a group to support the industry.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I didn't know they ran the knife show, good on them for supporting the knife making community

They don’t have anything to do with running it, though I can see why you might think that by their professional and unified approach to supporting the UK knife scene and it’s makers with the profits raised by EdgeMatters Forum. But it’s Mikesknives that organises and runs it, has done for years. They have a table, much like BB used to before the great crash.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Thanks for the info.............................much obliged, watching them being interviewed I thought they had much more to do with it.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I thought they looked sleek, polished and professional ... and they have a huge financial resource at their disposal now ... I'd like to see them on TV more answering questions and speaking to law enforcement and law makers about this and all the related issues

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
me too....:eek:........................one of the problems is that a lot of forum members, actually agree with the new proposed laws, if they buy their knives etc from a local shop the new laws won't affect them, it will mainly affect the makers and sellers who may have trouble posting their knives to their clients. And i am sure the law makers are keeping their eyes on forums to see what is going on, and what the attitude of the members and owners are.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE