Irresistable.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, I didnt need 20 coconut shells...

...but I have them now. Cut top to bottom.

aside from horse impressions, what can I do with them?

Bird feeders
Garden candles
trinket bowls

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
They polish well enough, I did for some reason put a hinge and hasp on one and make a box of it, found no use for it but my mate thought it was ace so at least it made a good gift.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Coconut shell is very hard, a good colour and can be polished up to a nice finish, as commented above. Why not make some buttons or toggles for clothing out of them?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
i guess the question has to be asked... Why do you have 20 coconut shells???
I wonder if you remove the outer fibrous coats, whether the shells would take a shine.

I wish I still had it, I've no idea where my bowl got lost over the years. A couple of months in the rainy season in Thailand, a bamboo hut, hammock, and Swiss Army Knife made a good job of shaping the shells so they balance. A tiny local hardware shop had some grades of sandpaper and wax. I only brought one back along with some bright purple snail shells that I'd left out for the ants to scour.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I cut a door into one half shell I had and it made a great little house for my pet lizard. She loves it. I've done the same with a few others over the years and tuck them into damp corners of the garden for toads to shelter in. Pile twigs on top for extra habitatty goodness.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ill think on it, at the moment I am busy building a Charpy Impact Test machine for my dissertation.

But they are too nice to leave alone.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Fill them with a mix of tallow and bird seed, then use to feed the birds now.

Another hippy era use it to hang a bunch of dry bits of wood, or coins, on strings, then use as a kind if wind chime.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Nope, no wind chimes.

And the bird feeder idea is good...seeing as dad spends more on fancy brand foods for his garden birds than his own feeding.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Nope, no wind chimes.

And the bird feeder idea is good...seeing as dad spends more on fancy brand foods for his garden birds than his own feeding.

Just in case you didn't know, if you buy bird food in quantities of over 12.5kg then it's VAT free so works out a lot cheaper. online places like gardenbird do free delivery over £25 and 10% discount codes are readily available. I save loads buying from them and the food is good quality.

Reactions: grip

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE