I'm backing the Kayacat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HantsScooter

Aug 1, 2013
Hampshire
After looking at various options for personal watercraft I have decided to back the Kayacat Kickstarter campaign.

1e8167d858a010d6241894761320d021.jpg

http://kayacat.com/

What I wanted was a multipurpose vessel which was suited to being transported on my maxi-scooter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Billy-o

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Interesting design certainly, but for me it would only be suitable for warmer waters than we have here.

By the time I pack a wetsuit and socks\boots and camping gear etc, it becomes a lot of stuff to carry on the motorbike, doable, but......

If I was not camping then it is a very manageable and light pack to tote on the bike.

Looks great though, I hope you have a lot of fun with it.

johntarmac

May 17, 2015
Herts
Their site says £614 for the Puma. 800+ for the sailing version.

Kinda pricey but 6 kg.. so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

HantsScooter

Aug 1, 2013
Hampshire
The Kickstarter was successful so once I get it I'll try and post a review. This should be sometime around during the start Oct. but Kickstarters are renowned for late delivery.

HantsScooter

Aug 1, 2013
Hampshire
My Kayacat finally arrived today and, somewhat embarrassingly, I actually had to download the assembly video to work out how this one goes together. Hopefully there will be some better weather either later in the week or at the weekend and I will get it reassembled and out on the water for a test run.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The Kickstarter was successful so once I get it I'll try and post a review. This should be sometime around during the start Oct. but Kickstarters are renowned for late delivery.

In the case of my titanium hip flask, about 15 months late. And though it's a nice thing, I don't use it due to the general headache involved in getting it. I will never crowd fund again, I want to see the product first.

I wish you the very best with your Kayakat, it looks very cool.

srod

Forager
Feb 9, 2017
argyll
My Kayacat finally arrived today and, somewhat embarrassingly, I actually had to download the assembly video to work out how this one goes together. Hopefully there will be some better weather either later in the week or at the weekend and I will get it reassembled and out on the water for a test run.

Looks interesting! Looking forward to your report and a few pictures once you have had a play with it.

6kg is quite impressive!

I've got a family of 4 + dog + gear to move, currently have a couple of inflatable canoes that I was thinking of rafting together with maybe an old windsurfing mast and sail to rig up something similar...

gingertips

Jul 22, 2018
West Sussex
2 years on, wondered how youve found the Kayacat. Saw it in Camping World & thought that looks very interesting. Love the fact you can place sail etc configurations.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
And affordable.

There is a reason I am making a rigging for my dinghy instead of buying it. (shudders)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE