I search for the correct way to put on the GS MK2 gaiters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bert

Forager
Mar 24, 2016
middle of france
Hello, in a few days we head out for the snow.
recently I bought a pair of the UK Army GS Mk2 gaiters (the ones with the paracord under the boot and three eylets on either side) though I can't find anything on the correct way to fit them properly.

Is there somebody who can help me out here?

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
I have those I just knot one end, thread it (eye to eye) and double hitch the end, keep it simple, as once wet as I'm sure you know the knots wont be so sweet to open up!

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I tend to tie the ends in a normal bow on top of the boot and tuck the loose bits between gaiter and boot

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I had mine with the cord through one eyelet, tie a knot at the end so it cant thread all the way through. Pass it back and forward between the opposite side a few times then when your on the last eyelet thread on one of those cord lock adjusters, that way you can tighten and loosen it easily. Tie a knot a few inches down so that it cant fall off and also a knot near to where you usually have it so it cant loosen up unless you press the button down.

The newer mtp ones have a wire and strap, they can give you a nasty cut when they get worn down and the wire starts to fray, and your hands are numb.

Bert

Forager
Mar 24, 2016
middle of france
I had mine with the cord through one eyelet, tie a knot at the end so it cant thread all the way through. Pass it back and forward between the opposite side a few times then when your on the last eyelet thread on one of those cord lock adjusters, that way you can tighten and loosen it easily. Tie a knot a few inches down so that it cant fall off and also a knot near to where you usually have it so it cant loosen up unless you press the button down.

The newer mtp ones have a wire and strap, they can give you a nasty cut when they get worn down and the wire starts to fray, and your hands are numb.

Well, I got those new ones, and beeing a GS Mk2 MTP out of 2014 production, they don't have the rubber and steel wire, they have the paracord and three eyelets on either side.
Btw, we're just back from the snow, and I have to say, these things are genial!!! no more cold calves, no more wet trousers, no more snow in your boots, perfect! even my wife was happy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE