Horlicks & Chocolate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Just out for a stroll today and came to a lovely spot with a cracking view so I thought that's where I'd stop for a while and have myself a cuppa.

I had a sachet of horlicks so that's what I had.
But I ended up putting too much water in the mug and resultant drink was a little watery and tasteless.
I didn't have another horlicks sachet on me but I did have a cadbury's chocolate one.
So I put that in as well thinking they'd go well enough together.

No they didnn't.

They go bloody fantastically well together!

So if you haven't discovered this little tip yet then allow me to share it with you - a mixed mug of a horlicks sachet and cadbury's chocolate sachet. It's makes a lovely, creamy, chocolatey mug of soothing loveliness when out for a winter stroll.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Single use sachets are a massive problem when it comes to creating waste and litter though. If you can mix at home from bigger recyclable tubs and take it in a container it would be better. A drop in the ocean but every little helps.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
ovaltine.... my life that has set the memory cells into overdrive. Must find some tomorrow .... must find ..... must

bigboned

Forager
Feb 17, 2016
Ireland
It’s 20 years since I was in the UK but I used to buy tubs of chocolate horlicks with milk powder in so you only had to add boiling water rather than hot milk- was great for the flask too- is it not available stil ( it’s not in Ireland)

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Asda tonight, highlight of the week as I've been floored with shingles. So, the excitement grew as we got nearer the coffee/tea aisle.

Horlicks light is add water, horlicks original is add milk. 5 gallon tub of hot chocolate at home after Scout camp. that's something sorted tonight to wash down the pain killer :)

Reactions: Hunkyfunkster

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Try Milo.

Ovaltine has cacao in it, Milo too. Horlicks has none.

As a kid I used to eat Ovaltine powder with a spoon. Delicious but no not try to speak!

I once sneezed while I was eating the Ovaltine. That was soectacular!

Reactions: Madriverrob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE