Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich outdoors

Jun 3, 2017
Catalonia
Hi,

I have been browsing on the sidelines for a while and finding British blades offline gave me the push to finally register here.

My name is rich, I am British by origin but have lived in Catalonia in NE Spain for the last couple of decades.

I'm am into the outdoors generally, bushcraft, hiking, camping, and, having the luck to live near the Pyrenees, ski-touring.

I make the odd knife as well, basically a bit of a dabbler in most things but definitely not an expert.

Anyway, it is good to have finally taken the plunge, I think I can learn a lot around here and hopefully also give something back in a small way.

Cheers,

rich.

rich outdoors

Jun 3, 2017
Catalonia
Well, sorry about my rather fleeting appearance followed by absence, but after a hectic summer of work and kids I'm hoping to hang around a bit more regularly. I have a couple of knives on the go so hopefully I'll be putting up some progress on those and probably asking for a few tips as and when I get stuck on the finer points. But just wanted to eat humble pie here and apologise for my earlier false start before diving in.

Cheers, atb,

rich

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi Rich from another Rich. Shame about BB, heck of an archive to lose, but not much we can do now.

rich outdoors

Jun 3, 2017
Catalonia
Hullo Rich,

Yes, a great shame, still very nice to see a familiar face. This looks like a friendly corner of the web though. And me being not the fastest builder around, you may even recognise one of my half finished projects when I get round to posting.

Any fungi up your way this year? A bit of a bad season down here so far.

All the best, rich.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hullo Rich,

Yes, a great shame, still very nice to see a familiar face. This looks like a friendly corner of the web though. And me being not the fastest builder around, you may even recognise one of my half finished projects when I get round to posting.

Any fungi up your way this year? A bit of a bad season down here so far.

All the best, rich.

Oh yes indeed. We've had a ton of fungi, Ceps, Chantrelles, Hedgehog fungus both field and wood, Field mushrooms, Horn of Plenty. The season's been slowing over the past couple of weeks, but it's been a good year for some of the best tasting mushrooms.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Now I am jealous! Chantrelles make the omelette of kings! It sounds like you have all our mushrooms as well as yours up there! Enjoy.

Indeed they do make the best omelettes. Just fried in good French butter, sprinkled with Maldon sea salt and piled on thick toast is good enough for the Chanterelle. Mysterious beasts the fungi, I've not found a Giant Puffball for years, and Chicken of the Woods hasn't showed here on its usual hosts. But, we've been spoilt with Ceps etc...that I don't usually find in quantity.

Geoff Dann got a mega haul of Horn of Plenty.

http://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/craterellus-species-going-crazy-out-there.146814/

rich outdoors

Jun 3, 2017
Catalonia
Stop tantalizing me

That really is an insane haul of Horn of Plenty, and they have the advantage that you can dry them and they keep for ages. Congratulations Geoff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE