Hello from Ontario Canada

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jason

Jan 10, 2018
Canada
Hello everyone,

This is my first post to introduce myself.

My name's Jason, I'm a cedar strip canoe builder, outdoorsman and (amateur) independent film maker.

I'm currently filming an ongoing bushcraft series (working on the eighth episode right now) that will give you more insight into who I am and what I'm doing. This is the second episode (by no means my favorite just happens to be the latest).

I'm looking forward to sharing information and contributing to the forum as I get to know all of you, and even more looking forward to the day I can get across the pond and meet some of you in person.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome!
I always wanted a strip built canoe... but now (after 40 years of paddle sports and 30 as a Canoe Coach) my arthritis means I can no longer paddle at all!
I still like looking at them though - post some photos please :)

Jason

Jan 10, 2018
Canada
Hello and welcome!
I always wanted a strip built canoe... but now (after 40 years of paddle sports and 30 as a Canoe Coach) my arthritis means I can no longer paddle at all!
I still like looking at them though - post some photos please :)
Its tough when life affects us like that. I practiced martial arts my entire life until my body told me that I had to stop.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Welcome Jason; I look forward to your input.
I still have plans to build my own wood strip canoe sometime soon (I built my first wooden kayak over 40 years ago from a kit! ) - upload some photos please when you have a chance!

Reactions: Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE