Has Siege Stoves gone bust?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

auscam

Feb 13, 2010
Australia
They made interlocking cross-pieces which turned various types of commonly-available can into a twig stove. Their website seems to have vanished and their FB and YT pages seem derelict; anyone know if they're still trading?

auscam

Feb 13, 2010
Australia
I'd searched Kickstarter and not found anything, but one of the entries refers to Jul '18, so I think you're right. They did have a website which I can't find now, which made me suspect they'd stopped trading. Mystery solved. TYVM.

auscam

Feb 13, 2010
Australia
I'd found both of those, but they're fairly basic; no buying options etc. which the now-gone website did have. Maybe they're re-launching?

auscam

Feb 13, 2010
Australia
I was wondering if it would be difficult to make, given some basic metalworking skills and some basic tools/materials.

Jan 13, 2018
Rural Lincolnshire
I never even knew of this company - I purchased some of these 'cross pieces' off Ebay (Chinese supplier) a couple of years ago - I think they were about £2 a pair (inc postage).

Edit to add :

The prices seem to have increased to around £4.(UK supplier - 7 day delivery) various suppliers and sizes are available, here is one example :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultralig...ack-UK-S8F2-/202277911327?hash=item2f18b3fb1f

w

I actually cut small notches in the bottom of the cross-pieces so they would sit on varying size stoves. cans etc, (It already comes with notches in the top side for the rims of different size pans to sit)

Last edited:
Reactions: auscam

SiegeStoves

May 13, 2018
USA
Hi Everyone, Siege Stoves here. I just came across this posting and wanted to make sure there are no concerns about the Siege Stove going away. We recently took down some of our pages, but the site has always been up. Definitely NOT going bust! :smile:. We have been preparing to launch our new universal Cross-Members, Siege Stoves and accessories on Kickstarter soon.

Regarding the other concern raised, our patent was finally issued earlier this year, with a continuation also filed to further expand it. I am fortunate to have close relationships with many IP attorneys and law firms, because of my other work in helping them over many years, so I plan to take any knock-offs seriously! In addition, a lot of engineering has gone into this deceptively simple product, and there are a lot of nuances to how it works with the many different cans, so it would be difficult to copy it based on the information online. They are precision engineered, with a ton of testing to get the tight tolerances required for them to work properly. With the product designed to be tough and dependable, and with our strong emphasis on customer support, we have many loyal customers around the world and especially in the UK, and hope that bushcrafters will continue to value products made in the West.

As a UK citizen with British and Canadian roots, who grew up down under and is now based in the USA, I am especially grateful for the support I have received from our customers in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. Any help I can get in letting others know about our Kickstarter campaign will be much appreciated!
Unfortunately we don't have resources to maintain an active presence on forums, but if you have any further questions, you can reach us via the link on our web site.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
You might know all the lawyers in Europe, but the Chinese do not care.

You need to show people like us that your product is superior and better value for money than the competition.

Please post a link to your patent. I do not understand how you could get it, as the principle and design is old and manufactured by several companies?

Last edited:

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
We have been preparing to launch our new universal Cross-Members, Siege Stoves and accessories on Kickstarter soon.

Unfortunately we don't have resources to maintain an active presence on forums, but if you have any further questions, you can reach us via the link on our web site.

These look the "dogs danglies". So I'm sorry to be a bit thick, but which of these belong to you?

https://xstove.com/
https://www.siegestoves.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/siegestove/665158050?ref=343771&token=bdd77010

And is the kickstarter still running?? (bearing in mind your comment about patents) :)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
When I went through my 'minimalist' phase, back in the early 80's, I used 4 crossed tent spikes, the round Al ones.
These little thingies are no doubt much better and more solid!

SiegeStoves

May 13, 2018
USA
Hi again. I will attempt to answer the questions raised:
Okay, no worries -- I was just responding to the concern raised about it being copied now that it is published. Our universal Cross-Members are specifically designed to fit most cans, and invented a while back. We've been selling in low volume through word-of-mouth and the web site for about 5 years, while using the time to perfect them. Generic cross-members of various forms are fairly common now, but still work differently. There are a few thousand users of our previous versions, who have found the Cross-Members very helpful in creating a wide variety of different stoves, including gasifiers. They are designed to convert almost any common food or coffee can, as well as IKEA canisters and paint cans into a stable stove that works really well, with a built-in air-hole punch, making them an excellent survival tool to have in one's kit. A lot of bushcrafters have expressed considerable enthusiasm to us about them but rather than do a hard-sell here, I urge you to look at the videos, etc. and read the testimonials, and hopefully you will see the benefits.

All three of those web sites are for the Siege Stove. The primary web site is SiegeStoves.com, XStove.com was set up to scale for mobile phone screens, and both of these link to the Kickstarter campaign page. Doing it all myself, so please forgive me if anything isn't too clear :). I've been trying to get the campaign going for over three years, so it's been a long haul.

The Kickstarter campaign hasn't launched yet but I hope to this week. I'm swamped right now, with the launch prep, out of town tomorrow to sit down with someone who can hopefully impart some experience on social media marketing, a three-day trade show to promote the stove later this week, plus some travel next week, so I expect to be out of touch for a while.
Best Regards to all

Reactions: Insel Affen

SiegeStoves

May 13, 2018
USA
Hello again. I just wanted to let those who expressed an interest know that we launched the campaign on Thursday. You can find it from the link on our web site https://SiegeStoves.com
So far, so good: the goal was reached in less than 4 days. We hope to take it a lot higher as larger material and fabrication orders help lower production costs, but will be happy with whatever we raise from our supporters.
Thanks again

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE