Handful of flint to gift

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Would love to have some but I live on the wrong side of the pond...
I've sent some in the past , to the US and to Canada and the price of postage was not too bad .
The trade was definitely worth it for both occasions. And the recipients were very happy to have some fine British flint.

If I wasn't so busy at the moment , I'd happily engage in a trade . Hopefully somebody here will do just that with you .

Good luck Z.

Reactions: ScottE

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Some times ago a German Boy Scout leader was looking for flint on the forum Bushcraft Deutschland.

I told him, that 30 years ago I had seen somewhere in Britain this stones every where, but forgot in which area it was.

So where is it???

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Wiltshire's geology is basically chalk, flint and in some places clay .
Predominantly flint and chalk .

It's everywhere beneath your feet .

Badgers dig up good lumps .

The tractors do too, and mash them up after the plowing , some really nice chunks on the fields perimeters to be had .
Usually the right size for the altoids tin .

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Wiltshire's geology is basically chalk, flint and in some places clay .
Predominantly flint and chalk .

It's everywhere beneath your feet .

Badgers dig up good lumps .

The tractors do too, and mash them up after the plowing , some really nice chunks on the fields perimeters to be had .
Usually the right size for the altoids tin .

Sussex too, we live upon huge deposits of tiny sea creature shells, compressed over time to become chalk. Flint layers are common, I even had a perfect clam fossil of solid black flint, but it got lost somewhere along the way.

Reactions: Leshy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE