Gods Wonderful Railway

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
So this is called because itis a miracle if it is on time.

And it would try the patientce of a saint

Which we have a lot of in Cornwall...going over the Brunel bridge now...can you see it?

And only 62 minutes late

How do I get a refund? This is beyond the pale

ce

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I never use the train unless I really have to - sad I know.
The last time I used a train was to get to London for a meeting with a train company - the train was one and a half hours late getting in to London; I decided I didn't owe an apology :)

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Turner-GWR.png

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Wrong bridge, BillyO

When I got to the station I picked up a complaint form. I was the only one to do so.

What is wrong with maglev? The Japanese have been using it for 50 years now.

Im sure the Victorians would have loved maglev, a combination of science and magic.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Maglev is to expensive.
Sweden have had the train ‘X 2000’ since the early 1990’s
The old tracks are used, the train tilts. Speed 200 km/h

But no train will be on time unless the operator knows what he is doing.

Complaing will not help. Show them your displeasure with your wallet.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Went to Germany to see my mother and had to use a train. Train was supposed to be there 09.28. At 09.27 no train in sight. 09.28 the door of train opened!!! And we are proud of our trains??? According to this M. Palin to$$er? What a shambles it is over here!! Disgraceful!
(What an opportunity for a good Tuesday morning rant, thank you BCUK)

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Every country has things we can rant about.

Would it not be horrible if everything was perfect?
:)

The least you can expect is an infrastructure that works !!! And yes, I'd like it to be perfect so I know I'm on time either for work or whatever else. After all, we ARE expected to be on time
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I hear you.
Sweden has a wonderful infrastructure.
But then we pay a shedload of taxes too!

Be happy, even if you are late to work.... life is to short, and the people that expect you to be on time will understand why you are late as they have the same experience as you!

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
I don't work that much anymore. But if I'd say to you that I'll meet you at 14.00 wherever, business or other, then I'll be there at that time. It's courteous and shows a little respect. But then of course, there are trains and buses in this country that can be stopped, rerouted etc., making a mockery of time tables. And before I forget, we are also living in the country of 30mph. Ahhh, feel sooo much better for ranting and raving :p:p

Reactions: Janne

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Aaahh.....
Speed limits. My favourite rant!

Imagine, cars today are better, faster, accelerate quicker and stop on a shorter stretch than ever before, but the legal speeds are lower and lower.......

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Dear Sir, I so enjoyed being hit by your motor car at 47 MPH on tue last. The 19 bones which where broken in 42 places made for a much better X-Ray image then the boring single bone being broken in a 19MPH impact two years ago.
With kind regards, anon.

Reactions: Ed the Ted

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Thank you Sir for the letter. I trust you are well, and your bones are healing as expected.
My car is still in the garage, waiting for repair approval from your Insurer.
Can I please ask you to look to the right and left, before you venture onto the road, from the pavement, next time?

Best regards

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Dear Sir, I so enjoyed being hit by your motor car at 47 MPH on tue last. The 19 bones which where broken in 42 places made for a much better X-Ray image then the boring single bone being broken in a 19MPH impact two years ago.
With kind regards, anon.

Sorry to hear about your accidents. Must have been quite bad. However, I was referring to motorways where 30 or 50 mph stretching for mile after mile and combined with a healthy dose of pot holes and inferior road surfacing test the most patient drivers. Take Germany for example. They have multiple times the traffic we have in this country due to geographical location. Per driven distance their fatal accident rate is not too far from the UK's. This may be controversial but my suggestion for learner drivers would be to drive on a german Autobahn for a couple of weeks before their driving test !!!

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
When I lived in E. Sussex, I drove a couple of times in London ( I do not like big cities, try to avoid even visiting them)
and I have to say it was much easier than Stockholm.
Drivers, specially taxi drivers, are incredibly aggressive in Stockholm.
Even the bike riders in London are not as aggressive as in Stockholm.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
With kind regards, anon.
Dear sir,

I am glad you enjoyed being hit at 47 mph, given the fact that transport by car in anywhere moderatley populated is unlikely to allow such liberated speeds, I should say you are a lucky fellow, firstly for your delightful x ray, secondly for living somewhere where such incredible speeds are achievable, which is probably somewhere nice and spacious, which also you should be congratulated upon, and forthly for being in an area where congestion does not make transport by car useless.

Pete

Reactions: Sundowner and Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE