Getting Kit repaired

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
On our last outing in the Tipi, the Zip failed ((contestant 50mph winds, gusting to 80). I decided to get it repaired professionally and also get all the pegging points strengthened at the same time, as they were starting to fray.
i contacted Tentipi but the wanted over £1000 for the repairs :jawdrop:.
After asking around, the folks at Nordic Outdoor in Keswick recommended Scottish Mountain Gear.
A quote of around £200 sealed the deal.
Just had the tent back and the work seems really good. So off to the lakes this weekend to give it a test run before the Hebs at the end of the month.
They seem to be able to repair most things, sleeping bags, goretex, rucksacks etc. and i was very surprised at their prices.
No affiliation, just a very satisfied customer.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Pump those people up. Reads like they do good work, could not ask for better advertising.

Our boat cover was forever getting torn from flapping in the wind on very long drives for 7-14 day camping and fishing trips.
My dad found a shop which made all things canvas for boats: covers, cushions, sails, etc.
The other place was a bunch of crazies who did custom upholstery for restored furniture and hot rod cars.

Artic Bob

Feb 1, 2018
Marches
Scottish Mountain Gear are very good, i've used them for rucksacks, tents and clothing. Lancashire Sports Repair are also very good.

its also often worth talking to your local sadlery - they sew leather, canvas and cordura tend not to pose much of a problem to them...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE