frost river

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
suggestions please, i have a FR backpack ,i need to make it a little more rigid, some videos say a floor mat
put in it,! anyone haven?and what do you use or any experience with this sort of thing.
many thanks

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
Hi Terry.
Nobody has replied so I thought I might chip in. I was looking at the FR website and online brochure. They show a basket in use as a liner which also firms up the pack. Could be useful for other things too? HTH.

Regards,
Richard

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
Hi Terry.
Nobody has replied so I thought I might chip in. I was looking at the FR website and online brochure. They show a basket in use as a liner which also firms up the pack. Could be useful for other things too? HTH.

Regards,
Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
Hi Terry.

Regards,
Richard

Many thanks for this, I am going to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Sorry Terry, totally missed this or I'd have been all over it! I'm a bit of a Frost River fan...

41305239572_2fb5a22bfd_b.jpg

Think there is even one missing from this... Anyways, I'll be the first to admit they are not the comfiest of packs for long distance walks although I have managed about 6 miles or so with no trouble at all, I wouldn't want to do a multiday long distance hike with one but I don't do those so....

27476671088_93949e7d85_b.jpg

The main issue for me is the hang height of the bags and also having things jab into your back if badly packed. I get round this by inserting some floor mat like you get from B&Q, screwfix etc cut to size which doubles as a sit mat. You can just see the grey bit sticking up in this pic. The mats are like these from B&Q I think I got mine from Aldis or something. I use the FR packs all the time when canoeing and they are great for that but they also work really well for short to medium day walks too.

41348305441_d616070d98_b.jpg

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE