Frost river Or hidden woodsmen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Markemark21

Aug 21, 2016
Kent
Hey guys
I'm looking in to getting a new bag for long days out in the woods and brush when in Zambia.
It's my and my dog I pack for generally and sometimes my wife so extra water.
I'll normally stop For lunch weather it's a MRE or noodles etc.

So I'm trying to decide between the hidden woodsmen day ruck
20L bag but and put add-ons molle etc.

Or frostriver isle mini 18-33 L

They both look great but are they practical or more than one other.

Has any one had any experience with any of these packs.
Is there any thing I missed
I know there are a lot of different bags out there but searching the internet is a pain in the bottom.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
i have both, Frost River Isle (the Big one) and i have a limited edition hidden woodsman.
the best is FR , however i use HW all the time. .FR are great but one needs to know how to pack them correctly, i am yet to get it right. :(

Mark thomas

Dec 2, 2017
Bucks
I’ve got the fr junior, which is slightly larger than the mini.

I dithered over the mini and junior and in the end decided on the junior as you can compress it with the straps and thought I would kick myself for spending that amount of cash and fund it too small.

Can’t say too much about its reliability or how it fairs in the rain as I’ve not had it long.

I’ve been on a few short 5 mile walks and it’s been comfy enough.

The lack of any frame or structure is a pain, but I cut an old camping mat to size and that helps a lot without adding any noticeable weight.

The pockets are big enough to get water bottle or small stove.

I’ve been switching between this and my fjallraven stubbed for my days out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE