For Sale Flyfishing rod ,reel and tackle for backpacking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I am seeling a good quality fly fishing set up which is perfect for storing in the the rucksack for wilderness travel.
this is includes rod, reel, line and tackle . the worth of all this if you where to buy in a shop is approx 360 pounds but I want just 170 pound ////NOW 160 POUNDS/// ////NOW 150 POUNDS////which includes postage and paypal fees.
here are the detail

ROD
"orvis frequent flyer 9ft 6wt" in 7 pieces ,
This comes in a hard case which can be thrown in your rucksack or travel bag with out risk of damage

REEL
Pflueger Trion
in cast Alu and beautiful wooden handle, this comes loaded with a good quality weight forward line all set up and ready to go .

TACKLE
a couple of partialy used reels of line ,fly box, flys, and some gink for dry flys

the set up has seen minimal use and is in excellent condition and full working order,
This rod is a good size and weight for both lake and river fishing and balance between rod and reel is spot on

20180410_182021[1].jpg

20180410_182154[1].jpg

20180410_182201[1].jpg

20180410_182145[1].jpg

20180410_182210[1].jpg

Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Someone SHOULD grab this because it is an excellent deal and that gear is really good. Years ago I got a seven piece 9' 7wt Greys and then when I went to New Zealand I bought a 4 piece 9' 6wt, but then had trouble finding luggage long enough to carry it! That rod you are offering would have been perfect!

Orvis make cracking gear. I still have the Orvis HLS 2-piece 9' 7wt that I bought second hand in about 1993. It cost me £150 back then and I know the tech doesn't hold a candle to what they do now.

In the UK a lot of people like the 7 weight, but having used the 6wt on and off since 2015 I don't think it makes near as much difference now as it did when I started out in the 90s. The 9' 6wt is the preferred rod in NZ where huge trout are rather more the norm than the exception, and with a good line casting into strong wind isn't a problem.

I wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: salad

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE