Fjern outdoors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
Do you think they'd like to send me an Orkan to test! ;)
I've got their Breen Jacket, and whilst it's a little on the narrow side in the body it's a great jacket!

PNB

Mar 5, 2019
Austria
I've got their Breen Jacket, and whilst it's a little on the narrow side in the body it's a great jacket!
Could you please explain what you mean with "on the narrow side".
I just got an Orkan size L and in my opinion it's a true L, same cut as the RAB and Montane hard shell jackets I own and use.
I have 102cm chest and the jacket leaves plenty of room for layering.
If I'd decide to get a Breen I'd probably go for an M.
I have a few down and synthetic isolation RAB jackets, all M.
Some (the Nimbus in the first place) are a bit tighter, but still ok.

Is the cut of the Breen that much different?
Thanks in advance.

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
Hi PNB,
Welcome to the forum, when you get chance why not drop an introduction, its a great place here!
Same as all clothing, some cuts and brands work better for different body shapes. I have size medium in some clothing, large and extra large in others. I found the breen a good close fit, but when I've got a jumper on under it i'd have like just a tiny bit more room. I also find the neck a little tighter than to my liking, but again it's a personal preference. or maybe I'm just a bit fatter than I'd like to admit! :)

PNB

Mar 5, 2019
Austria
Thanks for the reply.
There is not much exciting to tell about me.
I like to be and to move in the mountains, summer and winter, as far as I can spare time and to be honest I have way more technical clothing than I really need, but I keep get tempted to try new things out.

The Breen would be interesting if the isolation would be longer lasting than Primaloft & co. meaning, less prone to pack out.
Any hint on that?
Thanks again.

Last edited:

Rydergrove

Dec 28, 2012
Suffolk
www.betweenthetrees.xyz

I agree with what your saying. Mine fits on but it could be a little bigger. I think if I went up a size it would be too big. I also think it should be cut a little lower on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE