Estream portable water generator.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Looks interesting.....?

[video=youtube;aCKOMexHDbk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCKOMexHDbk[/video]

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I would be afraid the Estream would hit the bottom and get damaged. Some streams are shallow.
You get a quicker flow of water in a narrow and shallow part of a normally deep stream. Better charging but risk of damaged?

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

At last, I've been waiting for someone to invent the under water light to extend my covert basher up locations! :lmao:

Seriously though - a potentially useful piece of kit - arguably in a very select situation though. (Wind turbine better Jared? In Wales I bet it would work in the rain!!! lol).
Or Manchester.

Most of the locations that I frequent or at least lay up at don't have a running water course or only one with a weak flow (no info on water current-to-charge-generated detail in video).

The charging time (4.5hrs) and the size of the unit would have to come down considerably for me to consider carrying it over the equivalent number of pre-charged power banks that I could carry - possibly x 6.:)

As Trotski states - 3rd party review required.

Having had a look at the site it looks like a kickstarter project and the minimum price for one (if I have read correctly?) is $180.

'ow much!!!!!!

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I am not so knowledgeable on this modern stuff, but would not a solar charger work better?

Submerging electronics - sooner or later a seal can fail and the unit is toast.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I do not have any streams nearby, be it here or in Norway.....

Maybe I could place it where one of the water jets exit in the pool and create a 'stream' ......
But then I do not need one as the electricity works..

Wind - yes. Solar - lots of sun here.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
IMG_20171007_174934.jpg
I suppose jaeger, not that I have given it much thought but something like this, weight the lid so the seal achieves the right pressure through the hole, i guess you get the rest. All I need now is a 12v battery and something to charge. Then I can justify spending 100 pounds on a very nice shiny toy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE