EDC Present

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Small Swiss Army with scissors, toothpick and tweezers.

http://www.swisstool.co.uk/st/classic-swiss-army-knife/

An army type dog tag with name and phone number (no address obviously) is on my keys. Blood type could be added to the text.

Little prybars are cool.

https://countycomm.com/products/widgy-pry-bars?variant=29212773894

Have a look on edcgear.

http://www.edcgear.co.uk/

Oh, add a tritium marker, I have them everywhere, superb things to locate the EDC in the dark. After all, a torch is no good if you can't find it in the dark. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: punkrockcaveman

minamoto

Aug 25, 2021
tyne & wear
its an impossible task as youd need to know what this person does each day all day! he may never need a knife?....may never in 5 lifetimes need a lighter?
the "edc"ers you see on you tube have gone to the realms of lunacy!! its more now about " hey look how cool i look" when they show the 101 bits theyre carrying via everything from a batbelt to full size bergens!!.....seriously ask oneself?.....what do i REALLY use daily REGULARLY and would be lost without??
smoker? yes lighter
knife??...at work yes....every day outside of work? perhaps on ODD times

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I think a pen knife is essential. I have carried a Buck Stockman for the last 13 years and probably use it every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Realistic item for key ring.

ResQMe

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Arkansas stone sharpener (I like the cheap rods from Heinnie) or Fallkniven sharpener.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
These are in my pocket every time I leave the house.

On my keyring:

Swiss tool keyring. Tiny, very useful and goes through airport security!

/6-in-1-SWISS-TECH-Stainless-Steel-Mini-Multi-tool-Pocket-Rescue-Tool-Utili-Key-/402700152040?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Uncle Bill's silver tweezers:

Generic nail clippers.

Keys!

In my pocket: Alox Pioneer on a length of cord, attached to my belt with a tiny carabiner.

They count as "EDC" <shudders at the acronym> in my book. Whatever that means to the individual.
It's a very personal thing I think. I don't really like belt pouches and try to carry as little as possible.
Day to day, these, legally, cover my needs and don't take up too much space or weight. If I lived or worked on a farm for instance, no doubt these items would be different.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I guess that the guy got the gift already, but anyway:

Bic mini
Victorinox Compact
Petzl e+lite
Suunto Clipper or M-9
Perhaps a Platypus bottle
Perhaps a Defcon 5 poncho

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE