Earthquake!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Did everyone survive? I missed all the fun as the wife sent me out to get food and I was driving at the time. I just had load of messages when I got to the shop telling me to get home as she thought the house was falling down :rolleyes: To be fair we do live on top of quite a severe geological fault that someone did lose a dog down it before xmas. I'm not sure what she thought I'd do to stop the house collapsing though. Some picture frames are now slightly on a wonk but that's about as bad as the damage got.

Reactions: Lou

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I was doing my exercises and flat on the floor - all I felt was similar to an over-sized truck passing the house (there was no traffic!.)
If I had been standing I would have missed it!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Did everyone survive? I missed all the fun as the wife sent me out to get food and I was driving at the time. I just had load of messages when I got to the shop telling me to get home as she thought the house was falling down :rolleyes: To be fair we do live on top of quite a severe geological fault that someone did lose a dog down it before xmas. I'm not sure what she thought I'd do to stop the house collapsing though. Some picture frames are now slightly on a wonk but that's about as bad as the damage got.
Wait for the old pits heads and shafts to start opening up. Once met a man whos job was to drive around the country, finding old shafts (ie 500ft vertical) that had been stuffed with tree trunks years ago, when they sealed up. Wood rots and you get the idea. Alot of old hidden works round that way, north of swansea, could be very revealing. Sleep well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-300ft-Cornish-mineshaft-captured-drone.html

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah, it's not mine, that's the photo from the BBC article :)

You're right though about how it looks. That tea looks a wee touch insipid, tbh.

"
Some spilled tea was reported on social media to be among the worst of the damages caused by the minor earthquake

It turns out that no earthquake is too minor for Britain to react to with self-deprecating humour.

The earth moved in parts of England and Wales on Saturday afternoon, leading to numerous reports of rocking armchairs and settees. "We felt a big shake and my grandmother thought it was a heron landing on the roof," Tom told the BBC.

The epicentre was approximately 20km north-east of Swansea, where some residents were briefly startled by trembling walls and ceilings, and a football match in Wales was delayed.

"You don't expect it, do you, on a wintery Saturday in South Wales," Sue Bailey said from near the city.

Then after the British Geological Survey confirmed that the shakes and tremors was indeed a 4.4 magnitude earthquake, which is the biggest in 10 years, all that was left was for social media to begin their gentle mocking.

"Quick, check the biscuits!" one popular Twitter account, @VeryBritishProblems, wrote.

"

Reactions: Janne

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Looks like the stuff you might feed a baby. My Granny made me tea like that when I was a toddler. I loved that stuff when I was tiny.

Isn't it funny the things you mind from childhood ? Like jelly whipped up with carnation milk to make 'mousse'. Himself still likes carnation milk over cake.

Glad to hear the Welsh are fine with the earthquake though, somewhat shaken but not stirred :D

M

Reactions: petrochemicals
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Looks like the stuff you might feed a baby. My Granny made me tea like that when I was a toddler. I loved that stuff when I was tiny.

Isn't it funny the things you mind from childhood ? Like jelly whipped up with carnation milk to make 'mousse'. Himself still likes carnation milk over cake.

Glad to hear the Welsh are fine with the earthquake though, somewhat shaken but not stirred :D

M
I remember having that! But the true food of god's is carnation milk and porridge! think I know whats on the menu this week.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
3a43638cf3663d66e5bece2211052ff6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE