Dutch surplus combat jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I had one of those- very thick heavy cotton. I suppose its good if that's your thing, once wet i can't see it drying out any time quick!( i never tested that aspect). I gave mine to one of my Scouts who seems now to live in it.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Used those in my days, plenty.
They're heavy, indestructible and indeed cotton.
If you can get them with a liner, than they are reasonably warm.
They are somewhat waterrepellant in a mild shower as long as they are unwashed, because of the factorytreatment, but once washed they shed water as any other cotton would... not.

I like them and still have some.... Why?
Nostalgia I guess and because of their absolute bombproofness.
I find them comfortable wearing too out there, but I've been called funny that way. ;)

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Agree with the above comments ive had one for year's its been treated with barbours thornproof dressing,because yes it does/did take along time to dry,its now ok for most showers,they are as said heavy,and well built,ok for sitting around in but i get to warm moving around for any length of timein it though.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
i have these in stock in small quantaty. very robust, M65 type item, was very pleased when they came in. pretty damn solid looking and will prob last a lifetime. good price too!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If you take into account the ebay postage (more than the jacket itself - are they serious?), its cheaper to get the 'new' one's from Endi's. And their grading is fantastic.

The postage price in the ebay link is to Ireland which is where the OP is so it's international rates.

UK postage is only £3.99

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I did wonder why it cost so much to send a jacket! OK - so basically a grade 1 jacket for £12.95 (postage prob about the same) from either. Endi's have higher spec ones as well, but cost more (and a extra size at the top end). Pays your money, takes your choice. I 'm now tempted to get one myself, cos thats a very good price.

I

stekker

Forager
Aug 21, 2009
holland
I've used this jacket also while i was in the army.
When you wash it, you rinse the soap away and make it waterproof again.
When it starts to rain they start leaking water.
Maybe the cheapest buy, but not a good one. When you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys.

Just my two cents

Theo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE