Do not mess with a Swede.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
So, bashed, staked, drowned....triple death....heads on posts, ritual excarnation or defleshing ?

It's that old ritual significance again :rolleyes: and everyone will have an interpretation, but everyone's interpretation is culturally and personally relevant and biased.

Isn't the past an interesting place ? I am very glad I don't live there though :)

M

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Hugely interesting.

I personally would not want to live before around 1950.

Chance is large I would die in the wars, from a childhood disease or later infection.
In fact, had I moved my exact life as it has been I would have died around 10 times

I found another report about that site, in Swedish. Excavated 2009 - 2011.
They think the skulls were placed there well after natural defleshing. No marks on the bone surfaces, no marks in the TMJ area.

They think it was some sort of ceremonial place.

8000 BC is very early for humans to permanently live in that area.

Close to the retreat of the glaciers, the landscape must have been still very raw.
And the human friendly coastline is underwater now.

They have found traces of several early Mesolithic sites in Öresund ( sea between Denmark and Sweden) and south of Sweden.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE