Complete noob... Pitching right now

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ceepeebee

Oct 8, 2017
Nuneaton
Hey all... My first ever first into camping and I've just pitched the Talas 200.

It looks strange inside though... As thought I've done something wrong..droopy inside. Thoughts??
7895b0e86760d9b6ab92185cae7b09ec.jpg
b9179c3023b557f5f26c9de96ccefbd3.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Lol welcome aboard

Never seen that tent before but does the back end need stretching out lengthways a bit more?

*edit
Yes take the center pegs out first as pointed out above

ceepeebee

Oct 8, 2017
Nuneaton
Ahh...I didn't check that. So this has an inner tent and the blue fly sheet... Are you saying I should pull out the pegs holding the inner tent poles down and extend/stretch the guide ropes then reseat the fly sheet?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
I could be wrong, but it looks like you just need to unpeg the middle fly sheet pegs then tighten the end guy ropes which will pull the fly sheet taughter end to end. You can then re peg the side pegs.
Hope all goes well and possibly see you at North Wood in December.
Greg

ceepeebee

Oct 8, 2017
Nuneaton
Hi all,

It wasn't the fly sheet that was sagging, it was the inner tent, which has no guide ropes, only a couple of peg-downs.

It kept the rain (and I had a lot) out though, but I'd love to know what was going on with that. I "could" have pulled it a bit tighter, but not that tight. Going to check few videos of the "Soul 200" as it's almost the same tent I believe and see if I can see the insides. Either way, I survived cold weather, rain, in a field by myself, so IO know spring/summer camping is for me too :)

Job done!

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
I think this is an inner pitch first tent so it looks as if you have not properly tensioned the inner when you put it up - as it's a 2 hoop tunnel tent you need to make sure that when you peg out the inner you have a good amount of tension between the front and rear pegs to pull it taut and ensure it is fully erect ( fnarr fnarr) before you put the flysheet on. Then again make sure the fly is fully tensioned front and rear when pegging out. The guys are there for additional support rather than to create the structure.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Hi all,

It wasn't the fly sheet that was sagging, it was the inner tent, which has no guide ropes, only a couple of peg-downs.

It kept the rain (and I had a lot) out though, but I'd love to know what was going on with that. I "could" have pulled it a bit tighter, but not that tight. Going to check few videos of the "Soul 200" as it's almost the same tent I believe and see if I can see the insides. Either way, I survived cold weather, rain, in a field by myself, so IO know spring/summer camping is for me too :)

Job done!

good job! See you at a meet sometime :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE