change between themes?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
when the new forum launched, there were two themes available. I switched to the theme which is very easily customised with colours etc, but i think it is missing many features of the other theme.

For example I seem to have no options whatsoever to edit threads. And now I can't for the life of me find out how to change the theme back; I've gone through all profile, preferences, settings, looked all over the forum to see if its around the colour options at the bottom etc, and it escapes me.

What am i missing?

cheers
Hamish

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Nothing at the bottom of the page? Ad Styler and the Color Options (It's an American spelling of colour), they're named after the 7 deadly sins and this is supposed to be a non religion and politics forum?

I've left the settings as they were, I'm not impressed with the religious slant at all. Politics, fine. Jonathon Pie takes care of that side of things for me and I don't post it here. Why the color (colour) options are named sloth, gluttony, greed etc I don't know.

http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/what-are-seven-deadly-sins

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
when the new forum launched, there were two themes available. I switched to the theme which is very easily customised with colours etc, but i think it is missing many features of the other theme.

For example I seem to have no options whatsoever to edit threads. And now I can't for the life of me find out how to change the theme back; I've gone through all profile, preferences, settings, looked all over the forum to see if its around the colour options at the bottom etc, and it escapes me.

What am i missing?

cheers
Hamish

You mean the option to have it look like the old forum ? it was there but now isn't, I would like that option back as well, if possible ??

Nothing at the bottom of the page? Ad Styler and the Color Options (It's an American spelling of colour), they're named after the 7 deadly sins and this is supposed to be a non religion and politics forum?

I've left the settings as they were, I'm not impressed with the religious slant at all. Politics, fine. Jonathon Pie takes care of that side of things for me and I don't post it here. Why the color (colour) options are named sloth, gluttony, greed etc I don't know.

http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/what-are-seven-deadly-sins

Way to go off topic in the first reply, how / why bring politics and religion into a thread just because the spelling is in American English ?

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You mean the option to have it look like the old forum ? it was there but now isn't, I would like that option back as well, if possible ??

Way to go off topic in the first reply, how / why bring politics and religion into a thread just because the spelling is in American English ?

Yeah, you're right, sorry, just thought it a bit odd.

Reactions: bopdude

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Firstly, sorry, the second theme option is gone, we quickly discovered that developing two separate themes was not a sustainable option, every time there was a change or an upgrade of sorts it had to be reflected in two separate places and so we cut it to one theme. If you narrow the page it formats to a straight up and down grid.

Dreadhead, the issue with editing etc is a usergroup one not a theme one, I'll sort that out seperately, sorry for the hassle....

Reactions: bopdude

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE