Carving Tools Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
This time it's a week long course to make your own Carving Tool kit! :Wow: This course combines my knife and axe making courses, with a little extra thrown in. As always the course is run in my Woodland Workshop in the heart of Devon, about 10 miles west of Exeter and you are welcome to camp there during your visit. Everything bar the sharpening will be done using hand tools only and the forgework will be using my old forges with bellows or hand cranked blowers.

Dates: 5th-9th September (really soon!)
Price: £500 all materials included

Here's how it will play out:

Day 1: Forge and heat treat a knife blade. This will be made from spring steel and made in the traditional way: fire and hammers!!!
Day 2: Forge and heat treat an axe head. This could be a small hatchet, hawk or adze for carving
Day 3: Start making handles for the blade and axe. Mostly the wood will come from my trees but all is locally sourced.
Day 4: Finish the handles and sharpen you new tools up
Day 5: ???? This will depend on what you lot want to do as we get to that point. It could be more tool making (crooked knife,gouges, drawknife, another blade/head), or it could be some green woodwork (spoon carving for example), or it could be some leather work to clothe your new tools. We'll make a group decision as the week goes on and all work on similar projects ;)

So that's 5 days of fun filled woodland based makings for just £500.

Here are some piccies to whet your apatite...

Knife making:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Axe making:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Sheath Making:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks for looking folks and please get in touch ASAP if you would like to bag one of the last couple of spaces! :)

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Roll on lotto...
I tell you, if I had the cash I'd be in there like swimwear as they say...
What an amazing opportunity , especially with staying in your woods , learning the trade and on top of doing all this and crafting your own kit...you get to keep it!?!

Awesome!

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for the lotto, even if it's just a grand.

Roll on lotto...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE