Bushy Bags ( Goody Bags for Bushmoot 2011!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jellytot

Apr 1, 2010
Manchester
HI THERE!
I'm just getting started on the bushmoot Goody Bags which from now on will be called BUSHY BAGS.
Last year some of you came forward offering a few homemade items to go in the bags and seemed to be under the impression that they would need to provide one for each bag we made up.
Having seen the different contents you should now see this is not the case and we would LOVE to have any handmade items or spare cheap bushcraft items you may be able to donate. If you are lucky enough to be trader you will see I have approached you with a PM for this very reason.
So what I have done is set up an email address:
bushybags@gmail.com
You can also PM me on the forum too.
We have a few ponchos, some plastic camping mugs and loads of nice re-usable bags to use for your Bushy Bags and this is once again courtesy of the scrounging skills of Mad Dave.
So if you have anything at all you can provide say 10 to a dozen of please get in touch, anything handmade would be AWESOME.
But anything relevant would be fab too!
The aim is to make the bags much more bushcrafty this time.
I look forward to hearing from you all over the next few months!
Thanks again.
Jules.

Jellytot

Apr 1, 2010
Manchester
I certainly can! BushyBags are given away to each attendee of the Bushmoot in August, inside you'll find a map, itinery and content of events, Bushmoot guidelines, a black bin liner for all your rubbish, and a few small items you may find useful over your stay. The bags are re-useable and last year we managed to include a selection of items such as pens, notepads, emergency ponchos, boot polish, sun block sticks or lip salves, keyrings, badges and, well you get the idea.
We approached a lot of companies but only got small response, but everyone who wanted a bag got one and they were well received.
As such we have said we would do them again.
Members came forward with suggestions for some more relevant and bushcrafty items for the bags but were concerned about the numbers required.
Examples of this were small handcarved badges, recipes, leather lanyards, pot holders, foraging sacks.
These are items we would love to include in this years bags and we would suggest that rather than producing 200 items any individual who would like to handcraft items for inclusion only try to provide a number they are comfortable with, say 10 to 12 items.
Also if you simply have leftovers from a group buy that would be appropriate we would be happy to recycle them for you!
It's not something you have to do but if you would like to please get in toch either by PM-ing me or emailing me.
Thanks again!
Jules

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'm going to try my best to get there this year. At least I should have transport this time. I'll see what I can produce for the bags in the meantime. I PM'd Tony to see if he want's me to do workshop(s) but haven't had a reply. I guess he's very busy these days.

Eric

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I'll have a cast about and see if I can get some more companies involved, this would be a perfect way for them to advertise to a specific group of people, I'm surprised that you didn't get a good response, perhaps if more people emailed or called, we'd get a better result. If any company comes forward, I'll let you know!
Ps, those bags were awesome :)

Jul 28, 2008
croydon
Jules
i have a friend who works for a waste disposal company and i have asked him to find out about them supplying black bags and recycling bags as a PR thing. I wil let you know the outcome. i might be able to nick a few lanyards and pens from work as well
Paul

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I could spare a few 1lb hammers

PICT0205.JPG

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I have 36 black webbing lanyards with spring catches. Only problem is they are printed with the "Shrek" movie logo. you are more than welcome to them for the bushy bags. Also I have a dozen or so Iveco mini LED torches and some mini carabiners. If you want them I can bring them to the moot with me on the 31st.
Regards Colin.
:camping::present:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Hi guys.... Great response. I'll be bringing the bags with me to the moot and handing them over to Shelley to dish out. Bring what you can and I'll collect the items from you all and bung em in the bags. Imagedude thanks mate but hammers are probably a bit big for the bags :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE