bushcraft bicycle trailer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
hi all, I travel a lot by bike, needed something to transport my long term kit in, so made a bicycle trailer. The first one was made from pallets. Looked good and did the job. But after taking 8 hrs to travel 30 miles, I realized it was way too heavy. Recently rebuilt it, with my brother Marcus' assistance, to a lightweight version.
1670861.jpg

2w7nyh4.jpg

2cwljee.jpg

2epiw6f.jpg

2cqh0kh.jpg

Jan 13, 2018
Rural Lincolnshire
I have found that if the tow-hitch is attached lower down it seems to be less 'load' on the bike.

I have tried various options (for our folding bike and folding trailer on the boat) and found that using the back axle / spindle as the tow point works best for me.

Maybe worth trying ? (it looks as if it would be quite simple to invert the 'tow-bar')

Bicycle%20Trailer%20Yellow-2.jpg

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Nicely

Somone offloaded a biketrailer on us at one point. It was meant for carting the kids around. They went in it once, but could already ride them pedal-less wooden bikes. :) It quickly became a white elephant. We thought to bin it (it was only in OK shape) or to pass it on to someone. But, I took another look at it with the intention of turning it into some kind of lugger. It would have worked out fine too, I think, but it got left behind in a house move.

My point is that these things are easy to get hold of, light, well-balanced (well, some of them are), easy to modify and more or less fit for purpose already.

Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
Nicely

Somone offloaded a biketrailer on us at one point. It was meant for carting the kids around. They went in it once, but could already ride them pedal-less wooden bikes. :) It quickly became a white elephant. We thought to bin it (it was only in OK shape) or to pass it on to someone. But, I took another look at it with the intention of turning it into some kind of lugger. It would have worked out fine too, I think, but it got left behind in a house move.

My point is that these things are easy to get hold of, light, well-balanced (well, some of them are), easy to modify and more or less fit for purpose already.

They are easy to obtain, but when your homeless and skint unfortunately its not that easy to purchase one. So needs must. Plus I live in wales where everyone is a tight as a gnats bottom, wouldn't give you the skin off their poo around here! If my situation was different I would go straight out and get a purpose made one. It's mend or make do for me at the moment

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
They are easy to obtain, but when your homeless and skint unfortunately its not that easy to purchase one. So needs must. Plus I live in wales where everyone is a tight as a gnats bottom, wouldn't give you the skin off their poo around here! If my situation was different I would go straight out and get a purpose made one. It's mend or make do for me at the moment

Nothing wrong with mend and make do. It’s bucking the trend of the ‘throwaway’ society, and actually a good thing imo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE