1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We're live with the new forums, have a look around and get settled in.

There have been a couple of members that have had issues logging in, if your password doesn't work use the "Forgot your password" link in the community section. If an email doesn't arrive check your spam box.

Any other issues logging in please contact admin@bushcraftuk.com

We've created a new thread in the Suggestions, Bugs and Feedback forums for you to use to report any issues or give feedback. http://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/new-site-bugs-feedback-questions.147565/

There are a few things we still need to sort out but the forums should be fine so get stuck in.
    Dismiss Notice

Bow Making Course at the moot

Discussion in 'Previous Expeditions and Courses' started by Wayne, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Wayne

Wayne BCUK Welfare Officer
    Mod

Hi.

i have been asked about the Bhutanese Bow Making at the Moot this year.

I have seen two dates. I can confirm its going to be Thursday 23rd. I need to leave after the course for some filming with the BBC on bow making but will be back on the Saturday.

i will also be making mini bows at some point and possibly could be persuaded to add another day in the second week for those that cannot make the 24th.

This is course will teach you all the skills to make your own Bhutanese bow plans give you the bow making and tillers get experience should you want to go onto make a long bow or flat bow in the future.

All bookings for Bhutanese Bow Making Course should be made through the Bushmoot site.

#1 Wayne, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  2. Biker

Biker Full Member

I can highly recommend this course folks. I went on it the first year and still shoot the bow 3 years later. Also made a mini bow which is sat not 4 feet away as I type this.

Wayne, if you need a "classroom assistant" I'll be happy to help out mate, assuming it doesn't clash with any courses I'm on. See you there fella.

3. John Fenna

John Fenna Maker

Another recommendation!
    I love the bow I made (with Bikers help!) and hope to get back to shooting it when I get my shoulder fixed....

4. Quixoticgeek

Quixoticgeek Full Member

If you happen to do a second course in later on (say the following Tuesday :p) I would certainly be interested.

Cheers

J

5. Wayne

Mod

The following Tuesday will be fine. Happy to fit you in.

6. Quixoticgeek

Quixoticgeek Full Member

Excellent, How do I sign up ? the bushmoot site only has the course on the 23rd listed.

Do I need to bring anything with me?

Cheers.

J

7. Wayne

Mod

You're signed up. You can sort the pennies out with Tony at the moot.

All equipment provided and you should complete a bow string and an arrow. If you have your own axe and a knife great. If not I have plenty.

8. Quixoticgeek

Quixoticgeek Full Member

Win!

See you there.

J

9. Tony

Tony White bear (Admin)
    Admin

Just my injection into the conversation, let's play it by ear at the Moot, the Tuesday is a Workshop day so we don't generally run courses the same time, so, let's sort this one out when we're at the Moot, if it works out then great but let's see.