Boker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Does anyone have any experience with the Boker Plus Bushcraft knife (black handled one) or the Bushcraft XL (orange handled one)?

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
I have black one it a good knife the blade angle is not the best would be much better reprofiled and made from O1 the sheath is not the best but for price of the knife and the fire starter that came with it it's worth the money

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I have black one it a good knife the blade angle is not the best would be much better reprofiled and made from O1 the sheath is not the best but for price of the knife and the fire starter that came with it it's worth the money

Cheers Grumit

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Very similar mine is used near the sea kept in my fishing box so the stainless steel is ideal but I use snips for most of my rig tying so has only had light use

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Did you end up getting either of these knives Kepis?

Nope, i looked into it and everything pointed as Hillbill stated to it not being very good at all, i got the Enzo Trapper Flat in the end, very happy with it.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Nope, i looked into it and everything pointed as Hillbill stated to it not being very good at all, i got the Enzo Trapper Flat in the end, very happy with it.

Thanks for that, mine arrived a couple of days ago (the bushcraft xl) I'll do a little write up at some point. I think "not very good at all" is doing it a bit of an injustice really, it's far from perfect but there's nothing massively wrong with it.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
The "not very good at all" was aimed at the Boker Bushcraft not the XL

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
The "not very good at all" was aimed at the Boker Bushcraft not the XL

Ah ok, I've only seen pictures but it doesn't look great. The secondary bevel on the XL is really steep too, quite possibly 30° steep as hillbill suggested, really not a carver, it cuts ok though.

Mar 11, 2011
Germany
Preordered the Bushcraft back when it was new. Liked the design and how it felt in hand, but I never used it since I had it returned immediately due to multiple QC issues. It has been the last time that I ordered from them, since I've made that same experience with more than one Böker knife before. They have lots of tempting designs, but it always seems to be kind of a lottery play with them. And not just with their Plus line, but also with the ones made in Solingen. Conclusion: I'd highly recommend you'd buy it local instead of ordering though the internet, so you can see whether it has issues or not.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE